bassline house

tate

Brown Sugar
Safe for the linkage, been a member there for a while but haven't delved too deep, dumb question; where can I hear this track 'straight up' you lot are gabbing on about?
you can hear it on continuum's mix upthread, third track in, just after heartbroken

(his 'bassline' mix, not niche vol 1)

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
yes, yes , yes Mr V is too deep safe for pointing that one out to me...

My head hurts, there is so much of this sick music.

Whats the crack though, do people think this stuff will break big (London)?

I'm from the UK (Leeds/London) but I've been in the US for the past 6 months, which seems like the time things have started to pick up, it's hard to judge when the internet is your main resource rather than chatting to people/hearing what people are playing in cars/on the bus etc.

Last edited:

IKoss

Wild Horses
Whats the crack though, do people think this stuff will break big (London)?

I'm from the UK but I've been in the US for the past 6 months, which seems like the time things have started to pick up, it's hard to judge when the internet is your main resource rather than chatting to people/hearing what people are playing in cars/on the bus etc.

while there is much controversy about the london aspect..
i can summarize the whole query with two words:
'Mike Delinquent'
i cannot see how people have not realized his camp being such the trojan horse for this scene..
honestly, it matters not if it 'blows' in london.. prolly it will, like most obscurities, be overshadowed by the sheer volume of music generated there.. but it has been implanted for so long in other regions that if you dig it. dont sweat it. just promote it to your own content. and relish how fundamentally simple, yet refined and scalable it remains!

outside of london there is no dispute of the long standing integrations and impacts.

start with scouring through this thread. and search this board for the previous threads on the subject.. pretty good discussions there.. or just dig in a bit more on the garage-download boards as well..

ciao

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
while there is much controversy about the london aspect..
i can summarize the whole query with two words:
'Mike Delinquent'
i cannot see how people have not realized his camp being such the trojan horse for this scene..
honestly, it matters not if it 'blows' in london.. prolly it will, like most obscurities, be overshadowed by the sheer volume of music generated there.. but it has been implanted for so long in other regions that if you dig it. dont sweat it. just promote it to your own content. and relish how fundamentally simple, yet refined and scalable it remains!

outside of london there is no dispute of the long standing integrations and impacts.

You speak sense.

start with scouring through this thread. and search this board for the previous threads on the subject.. pretty good discussions there.. or just dig in a bit more on the garage-download boards as well..

yeah, sorry, that should have been my first port of call, thinking a bit to much in the here and now.

safe

tate

Brown Sugar
that JTJ Productions tune "It's You" is pretty damned catchy too

i see that Dibz has done a rmx of it with still more vocal tweaks

ZOMBY®

Wild Horses
I GOT KINDA VEXED READING THIS, YOU GUYS HAVENT BEEN TO A RAVE HAVE YOU ?

BASSLINE HOUSE IS NOT NICHE OR 4X4 .DONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE.
WHEN THEY SAY 'BASSLINE' ITS MEANT AS 4X4 BASSLINE ,NOT BASSLINE HOUSE.
IT WILL COST YOU YOUR LIFE IN SHEFFIELD lol
NICHE IS THE NEW SOUND OF 4X4 AND GRIME.
FUNKY HOUSE IS 1998 AND BEFORE AND NO ONE ABOVE LUTON LISTENS TO THAT AWFUL SHIT ANYWAY OR EVER DID.

most of you guys are over analyzing the niche/4X4 scene from an outside point of view.
heartbroken has been on dubplate about 18 months now and every girl that walks by me up north has it as their ringtone,they sing it at bus stops etcetc this tune is a HIT ,STOP HATING !!!!
shit.its hard to explain to someone whos hasnt been to leicester,derby,sheffield,coventry,birmingham or any niche raves at all how much its spreadand how diverse the style is,,but you wouldnt know that hey ?
your average niche raver doesnt buy recs or give a fuck about grime or dubstep and prob hasnt even heard of them and they relly dont give a fuck about the politics of the music.,why you discuss this ravers are dancing having a good time.
as far as theyr are concerned 4x4 niche is all it is....isnt that a beautiful thing ?

dont let yourself get stale move, with new sounds,,your a soundboy right ?

by the way i live in london.

Last edited:

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
ZOMBY®;115403 said:
BASSLINE HOUSE IS NOT NICHE OR 4X4 .DONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE.
WHEN THEY SAY 'BASSLINE' ITS MEANT AS 4X4 BASSLINE ,NOT BASSLINE HOUSE.
IT WILL COST YOU YOUR LIFE IN SHEFFIELD lol
NICHE IS THE NEW SOUND OF 4X4 AND GRIME.
FUNKY HOUSE IS 1998 AND BEFORE AND NO ONE ABOVE LUTON LISTENS TO THAT AWFUL SHIT ANYWAY OR EVER DID.
http://dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=6874

Things are a bit clearer in that other newer thread.

Last edited:

straight

wings cru
I

your average niche raver doesnt buy recs or give a fuck about grime or dubstep and prob hasnt even heard of them and they relly dont give a fuck about the politics of the music.,why you discuss this ravers are dancing having a good time.
as far as theyr are concerned 4x4 niche is all it is....isnt that a beautiful thing ?

exactly, its party music. none of the producers are attepmpting to add any subtle nuances or hauntalogical presences, its club bangers innit. and i don't think its a question of 'if' it breaks, they were hammering it at 11am on 1extra when i got up on sunday morning

ZOMBY®

Wild Horses
welcome to the club...;)

i had to join to post in this thread as i didnt think the music was being given a fair chance.
you know how in like 2000 all the rap guys were moaning about dirty south and crunk and how new york hip hop is all is it. then lil jon comes out with the biggest tracks and were all dancing to that......
dont get left behind.
styles evolve.
4x4 evolved, fused some grime elements, and is now the new garage.

*typing* about *dance* music is always a strange situation :slanted:

the problem is everything is so accessible online people are quick to give things a quick listen *just* so they can form an opinion, especially something presented as "new". lot of armchair ravers ;)

scenes obviously make a lot more sense if you're involved in them. on the whole tho- there's more love than hate in this thread even tho i ain't read the whole thing

heartbroken's a tune, it does belong in the charts

btw i hear one spliff a day keeps the doctor away...:D

you gotta admit

Yeah looks great, even if I have to rep alone..why are all people not into good music:(

that like everything it can get a bit jarring when it's being battered on places where you go to listen to stuff

I don't mind this stuff really (just reminds me of early days raving) but when it's on nuuuuf pirates it can just get a bit much...

so I turn off lol

IKoss

Wild Horses
so here goes..
nearing the final stages of RnD for a series of events I have been planning. well lets just say, for long enough.
ima start off with a series of demo/promo stuff. The following will prolly be included..
but more info on those delights in store.. for now, consume. turn it up a bit more. =)

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ygdxgz2yye

- Floor -

- EJ - 'Haterz'
- Willy Styles - 'Infiltrate'
- Delinquent - 'Muthafunka'
- Wideboys - 'Project Bassline'
- Delinquent - 'untitled test press'
- Black Star - 'African Beats'
- Bee Q + Unique - 'Break Da Bass'
- JD Beatz vs Layer Cake - (JD Beatz EpV.2 4/4 mix)
- Mask - 'Monster'
- Wideboys - 'Ragga Fire' (4/4)
- Paleface - 'Jamrock'
- Wideboys - 'Westside' (up norf mix)
- MTG/ Michael Knight - 'K.I.T.T.'s Revenge'
- Dexplicit - '(Dex Dubz1)'

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qlzxlndjtw

- Ceiling -

- Pyro + GTE ft CanelaV - 'Why Do I'(Chedda 4/4 mix)
- Chris Brown - 'Yo Excuse Me Miss' (JD Beatz EpV.2-4/4)
- Kevlar - 'I wish' (BirminghamBounce mix)
- Will Smith - 'Movin On' (Organ 2)
- Danny Bond + Paul Sirrell - 'Yes'
- Marques Houston - 'That Girl' (DesertStorm mix)
- Dragon - 'Feeling For You'
- Platnum - 'Over The Heartache' (JamieDuggan re-work)
- Curious - 'Making Love' (bass in your face mix)
- Curious vs Pink - 'There You Go'
- Solution - 'Shake It Off' (Bistro mix)
- Aaron Soul vs. D+G and Dezz Jones - 'Oh No' !
- AgentX vs. Juicy Joints - 'Losing You' (Dub)
- DannyC + TopT ft. Jade - 'Magic' (4/4)
- Blaze ft.Barbara Tucker - 'Most Precious Love' (vocal)
- Nina Sky vs Mask ft Jabba - 'Move Your Body'
- Kelis vs Juicy Joints - 'Trick Me'
- Gemma Fox/ Delinquent - 'Boxers' (4/4)
- KCat/ Delinquent - 'My Destiny' (4/4)
- Nina Jane/ Delinquent - 'Like A Feather' (Paleface mix)
- Golden Child - 'Love You' (4/4 nasty mix)
- Wideboys - 'Uk Shakedown' (no messin around mix)

Ima just refer to this time as: a beginning. aight. :D