bassline house

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
I have just been listening to a DJ on Freeze FM {a London pirate station}.He was playing a set that mainly consisted of Funky{heavy on the Todd Edwards},Electro and 2 Step.A listener requested ''Heartbroken'' and he said he would never play ''That record''.As he didn't stop short of playing cheese like Fedde Le Grand's''Put Your Hands Up For Detroit'' and ''Everybody Dance Now'' by Bob Sinclair this seemed like a strange stance to take.

The success of this record seems to have shaken things up and there is now a certain fear of the Bassline sound ''Pushing south''.When DJ's start dissing and refusing to play the stuff their
liteners are demnding to hear,you know something important is happening!

http://www.myspace.com/thekandytangerineman

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
The success of this record seems to have shaken things up and there is now a certain fear of the Bassline sound ''Pushing south''.When DJ's start dissing and refusing to play the stuff their
Hold tight the Funky House Committee!

mos dan

fact music
I have just been listening to a DJ on Freeze FM {a London pirate station}.He was playing a set that mainly consisted of Funky{heavy on the Todd Edwards},Electro and 2 Step.A listener requested ''Heartbroken'' and he said he would never play ''That record''.As he didn't stop short of playing cheese like Fedde Le Grand's''Put Your Hands Up For Detroit'' and ''Everybody Dance Now'' by Bob Sinclair this seemed like a strange stance to take.

http://www.myspace.com/thekandytangerineman

that's amazing!! wow. freeze fm can be really good sometimes imo.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
When DJ's start dissing and refusing to play the stuff their

in the past few months its totally crossed over up here (w.yorks)- asian rude boys are loving it next to their 'fiddy' etc

teenage 'urban' fan's newest thing as far as i can gather.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The way this thread has evolved it has absolutely and utterly convinced me Niche is the new Happy Hardcore for the 21st century.

gumdrops

i do love and genuinely hope that the 'dj refusing to play t2 = signs of imminent seismic change on the urban dance landscape' theory does mean something, but i cant help thinking it might just be that the deejay was sick of that track as its been doing the rounds for a while now, and he might be totally bored of it now as its going (or has already gone?) a bit commersh, seeing as its being played by the likes of jo whiley and co.

Last edited:

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
DJ Q refused to play heartbroken on his show last night unless he got 40 texts and even then he played the 'Wide Boys Up Norf Remix' instead.

mos dan

fact music
dexplicit was really really good then. the crowd didn't seem to be there for him in particular (just any shoreditch sat night crowd really), but he got a good response. the 'over you' remix was a highlight from me. lots of nice old skool garage and club bangers from oneman and faggatronix too. hang tight viktorv - you seemed to be doing alright with that girl by the time i left - an advantage of rolling on yr ones ;)

viktorvaughn

dexplicit was really really good then. the crowd didn't seem to be there for him in particular (just any shoreditch sat night crowd really), but he got a good response. the 'over you' remix was a highlight from me. lots of nice old skool garage and club bangers from oneman and faggatronix too. hang tight viktorv - you seemed to be doing alright with that girl by the time i left - an advantage of rolling on yr ones ;)

Good to say hello mate. I really enjoyed Oneman (how good is he, and how young!) and Dexplicit. Had a fun night.

continuum

smugpolice
http://www.basscutz.com

The above website and forums seem to be the bassline equivalent of rwdmag.com/uptown forums for its genre.
Took them about a week to authorise my account but most of the top jocks post/have posted on there.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/290542-01.htm&highlight=jamie duggan

The Jamie Duggan November mix (link above) is really top notch. Been listening to it constantly. Is also the first commercially available mix from this scene with a tracklist as far as I can tell:

1. DS1/Asher/Zeeks - "Turn Fool Get Twisted" (feat Tez Kidd - Jamie Duggan dubplate special)
2. Gemma Fox - "Might Be" (TRC remix - Jamie Duggan special)
3. Leona Lewis - "Bleeding Love" (Jamie Duggan remix)
4. Michael Junior - "TRC" (Jamie Duggan special)
5. TS7 - "Come On Over/Heatseeker" (feat Bianca)
6. Zoe N Screama - "Freak Me" (TRC remix - Jamie Duggan special)
7. Nastie Boi - "Badman"
8. Burga Boy - "Tell Me Who" (Merkury remix)
9. Denver - "Next To Me" (Jamie Duggan special)
10. TRC/TS7 - "North" (Jamie Duggan special)
11. S Monie - "Baby" (Sub Zero remix)
12. Jay C - "I Just Died"
13. Burga Boy - "I Can Love You"
14. Denver - "Dem Nuh Ready Yet" (Jamie Duggan special)
15. Mr V/Asher/Jay Star - "Bap" (feat Tez Kidd - Jamie Duggan dubpate special)
16. Cherish - "Fanatic" (Mr Bass remix)
17. Sugar Rush Company - "Sugar Rush" (Jamie Duggan meets Da Booda - Suga Lik re-fix)
18. Dyno - "Get It Shawty"
19. T2 - "Heartbroken" (feat Jodie Aisha - Wideboys remix)
20. S monie - "Lovin You" (Witty Boy remix)
21. Murkz - "Night Showaa"