elgato

I just dont know
yeh Flippo sounded good, i checked his Myspace a while back, some deep atmospheric stuff, interesting vibe

good news about Hessle002

ThinKing

so who knows of new new heads who are worth checking. as in those without releases as yet, bouncing around the forum perhaps...

Pangaea is the first that comes to mind
i heard a 2steppy Janner tune i liked, but his other stuff i wasnt sure of
Side9000 is pretty sick

and any more...?

I'd say Migrant from Spain is pretty damn good - his tune No Name is superb, I thought it was Kode 9 first time I heard it.

ThinKing

wow, sounds pretty good!

that reminds me, 23hz & Numaestro are sick also

yea I was gonna mention them even tho they had a release cos Galleon Dub is so old. Their newer stuff is great, a real cohesive vibe from tune to tune, although they do use a similar soundset a lot of the time. Plenty more releases to come from them in the future...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
XI from Toronto, Canada is doing it for me right now. He has a lot of versatility - while he is capable of and has made typical formulaic-styled club bangers (his tune 'Sunshower' would bring FWD down if it got rinsed there), on the other side he is producing a lot of really interesting rhythmic shit that I rate very highly. He's coming into dubstep production with some very different influences from other producers.

'Turn It Up!' and 'Stop Push' are two of my favourite dubstep productions at the moment. Walsh has cut both to dubplate, and Joe Nice should be following suit sometime soon. Youngsta is becoming a fan recently as well, and Skream has already played his track Ronin Dub on his Rinse show.

Hopefully you'll all be hearing about him more soon, some of the harder dubstep heads might have already heard his collaboration track with Matt Carl, DZ and Bowzer 'Mathematics'. Joe Nice has got the excloos on it, had a very warm reception at the last DMZ.

http://www.myspace.com/xidubkilla

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Check out this lot, tracks done in the studio but they play live with laptop, horn section, drum kit, percussion etc... freshest stuff on a dubstep tip I've heard in a very long time. www.myspace.com/jazzsteppa

I had a listen to them a while back, interesting stuff. Meant to go check em at 1001 but I think I missed it.

I like the tunes, but considering how sick the intros and how much they promise, I think the way they drop is a bit disappointing... good stuff though still, definitely keeping an eye on future stuff :)

Last edited:

stormfield

nohjin
there's a duo called Broken Note who are making some very good tracks at the moment, a little like Boxcutter sometimes bordering on the freestyle beats of Chris Clark... crisp production and lots of energy; thoroughly recommended.

http://myspace.com/brokennoteuk

There's a track called Sullen which isn't on their myspazz player, but worth hunting down.

zhao

there are no accidents
what about this berlin bloke Jackal Mackson or some such... have heard very good things about him as dubstep producer...

Leo

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=47128

what's the deal with this rinse cd? boomkat doesn't include any info yet but does have three samples. who's on it?

(edit: just saw sister ray has this write up, drops 8/27:
‘Rinse’ is the definitive compilation series for pirate music enthusiasts brought to you by the infamous station that has championed a myriad of incendiary underground artists - Rinse FM. Featuring tracks from wunderkind Skream, godfather of grime Wiley, newcomer Rusko, DMZ dancefloor destroyer Coki and Radio 1’s Plastician.")

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
the first is a series of mix cds from rinse. this one's mixed by geeneus and covers rinse's musical spectrum: dubstep, grime and funky house.

it's nothing special really but does include all the big tunes you'd expect.