e/y

I want to see John Terry's tears of despair.

(though I think the way Chelsea are playing right now could suit them in countering Bayern's strengths / exploiting their weaknesses, so who knows. I think it will be a very close game)

crackerjack

I want to see John Terry's tears of despair.

That's what I'll be tuning in for. He shouldn't be allowed to lift the cup – and it's a sign of the man's monstrous egotism that it's even an issue – but in the event they lose I'd like to see him whipped into a compulsory lap of shame.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I enjoyed that match. Not exactly a great game of football but incredibly tense and the way it see-sawed from one side to the other (or at least from one side and back to the middle until the end) made for a gripping ride. Pleased to see Robben miss the penalty and then drop out of the shoot-out - especially after all his comments during the week about how certain they were to win. In fairness they were the better team, I don't really think it was like against Barcelona where Chelsea had a game plan and it worked, I just think they got out-fought by Bayern and didn't get into the game until they went behind. Bayern were a bit uninspired though to be honest, I lost count of the amount of times Robben cut inside and and tried a speculative shot that was blocked before it reached the edge of the area. They definitely need a striker who can provide something different when the fast break and cross via Ribery/Robben doesn't pay-off.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also - in the week didn't Ribery say something about how Chelsea would be psychologically destroyed if they didn't win the final after what happened last time? Surely now Bayern are back to being top of the chokers in Euro finals - I think that Milan had maybe stolen if off them but when you consider the 99 final, this one and add in the one against Inter for good measure they've got a record that will take some beating.

e/y

7229949982_280e9a5699_c.jpg

nomos

Administrator
sometimes i just look at this for few minutes when i need a boost. (you can even see ballack having a chhickle int he back.)

36162.jpg

you can also imagine angela doing it to david. try it.

Last edited:

Phaedo

did anyone on the whole planet think Luiz was gonna score his penalty? run up was stupidly long, was a great penalty though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I definitely thought that that was destined for row y. Then again I thought that Drogba's run-up was too short as well so what do I know?

tom lea

terry's obviously a bit of a cock (but he's our cock, etc), but I reckon this whole thing's been a bit exaggerated. all of the uninvolved players got their kits on for the celebration - from terry to meireles to todd kane, who's probably played seven minutes for us. chelsea have been hamming up the team spirit thing to cameras for years, and i imagine it was already agreed before the game that if we won, everyone in the squad would get their kits on for the celebration.

it says a lot about how fixated opposition fans are on terry that they didn't notice another 15-20 players who didn't participate in the game wearing their kits as well.

crackerjack

terry's obviously a bit of a cock (but he's our cock, etc), but I reckon this whole thing's been a bit exaggerated. all of the uninvolved players got their kits on for the celebration - from terry to meireles to todd kane, who's probably played seven minutes for us. chelsea have been hamming up the team spirit thing to cameras for years, and i imagine it was already agreed before the game that if we won, everyone in the squad would get their kits on for the celebration.

it says a lot about how fixated opposition fans are on terry that they didn't notice another 15-20 players who didn't participate in the game wearing their kits as well.

But surely the whole reason they were wearing their kits was so it would look a little less weird when Terry stripped off to pose with the trophy. I mean, do you really think the other injured and suspended players would've been out there in full blue had it not ben for the skipper being banned? Maybe it's just my shit memory but I'v never seen that happen before.