paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Woy's a decent manager, England could do worse. And he's got experience of managing international teams

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It'll work out better than Redknapp I think, who would have way too much pressure on his shoulders, as if he could singlehandedly change things and turn England into a better-than-quarter-final team. With Hodgson pressure is off, especially from liverpool fans.

Esp

Middling manager for a middling team I guess. The way I see it, this England manager has two major challenges; circumventing all the raging egos within the squad so as to develop a team mentality and overcoming the pessimism and cynicism that seems to have defined the national team since the late 90s. Hodgson doesnt seem well equipped for either of those tasks. He clearly wilted in the Liverpool job and the pressure with England will be ten times that. Hodgson is obviously an accomplished tactician and coach but you need someone who has that borderline-crazed obsession with winning things, I would think Mourinho or Martin O'Neil would've been perfect.

This could be the first major tournament in memory where I don't irrationally get my hopes up just before the tournament starts.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I could still see United winning the title. QPR and Newcastle both have something to play for, and of course you can never rely on City to do anything right

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Can't see the Newcastle game being easy. They got dismantled by Wigan but that was away from home and a blip in otherwise excellent form. And City's nerves last time they were top didn't exactly hold up...much harder game for them in many respects than the one last night.

That said, if United do end up winning, it'll be the dampest squib of a Premier League title ever.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Went down to London yesterday to see Chelsea for the first time this season. They sucked and Newcastle deserved to win

:mad:

Phaedo

I think Hodgson is a better choice than Redknapp. Redknapp's teams arent particularly tactically disciplined, and while i'm sure he could of got the team motivated I'd be worried about us getting thrashed cause of the team not having a rigid enough shape. Hodgson already has a understanding of international football and definitely wont be as tactically naive. Whether he can keep a lid on the egos of the likes of Terry ect. is another story, hopefully he's got the balls to tell them to fuck off if they arent up for it though lol. Such a blow not having Wilshere in the team too, just the kind of player we need.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw the FA Cup final in the pub - was that over the line? Thought it was on the live view but on the replays I wasn't convinced to be honest. The replays were not as comprehensive as normal though I thought so hard to be sure.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Has been a crazy season. Ended on the tenth place last year and even fought against relegation for a period. This season Feyenoord have beat almost the entire top-6 including a 4-2 win against their eternal rivals Ajax. In the last match they secured the second position so they have chance of qualifying for the Champions League, it's insane considering the previous season, the debts and the young team they have. Unfortunately Guidetti is moving back to Man City so they will need to find a striker fast, Kuyt is in the picture but I'm not so enthusiastic about that.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So, anyone think Utd can win the title? I said it last week but I still think that City could drop points against QPR (I'm hoping they don't cos I hate Man U)

e/y

I think that would be quite funny (well, to an extent, I hate United, too).

also, I'm terrified of Arsenal's game against WBA.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Got to hope City fuck it up at the last (ludicrously easy, really) hurdle. But extremely unlikely - f the game had been in London, I could certainly see it happening, but not with QPR's away record. bet we can hope for is a fight between Hughes and Mancini.