IdleRich

IdleRich
To me the funny thing is that Messi has exactly the same expression he'd produce for any typical bland speech... he hasn't even noticed, Ronaldo's expression is more "what the fuck?" which at least proves he's listening.

version

I'm not sure that Messi speaks English. They did an interview with the two of them at some point during the event and whenever he was brought in it was only in Spanish whereas Ronaldo would switch between the two.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Messi hasn't got a clue what's going on. I'm not knocking him because it's the case with many footballers, but I don't think he's ever said anything interesting in an interview, has he? Ronaldo at least is a hopeless narcissist.

Last edited:

version

It was nice seeing the two of them together. The fans and media definitely over hype the rivalry. Obviously it's there and Ronaldo's a bit of a psychopath but they clearly respect each other.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm not sure that Messi speaks English. They did an interview with the two of them at some point during the event and whenever he was brought in it was only in Spanish whereas Ronaldo would switch between the two
I was gonna say that I have never seen an interview in English with Messi. Also, I sympathise with him having to sit through this shit all the time - he's probably thinking how much he wishes he was playing football not dealing with the consequences of being too good at it. I don't blame him.

IdleRich

IdleRich
A completely unfair statement that I did for a cheap laugh. It must have been all those things saying that Rooney's career in the US was always doomed cos he refused to learn the language.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I enjoyed watching lots of football via a dodgy link yesterday. Liverpool really look fucking brilliant at the moment I have to admit, for a lot of that game they were on a different plane from Newcastle (as you'd expect I suppose). United looked stodgy vs Leicester, not helped by a dodgy link that kept stopping and jerking to the extent that I switched over to the Tottenham game - they were in something close to their best form from last season for a change. And then Norwich v Man City was great, Norwich scoring one great smash and grab goal and taking their opportunities surgically as well as defending at the last ditch but not exactly desperately. Reminds me of that fantastic run they had in Europe in the 90s when they knocked out Bayern Munich and came within a whisker of beating Inter Milan.

version

Yesterday was mad. Norwich beating City, Neymar winning the game for PSG with a bicycle kick after being booed his own fans, Fati scoring and assisting for Barca at sixteen.

entertainment

Football talk on Dissensus, nice haha. This Frenkie de Jong and Arthur pairing looks like what Barca has been missing since Xavi, Iniesta days.

My take is that tiki-taka is good because of tactical reasons, but mostly because it gives these arrogant fuckers a flag to fight under. Having a collective psyche of being protagonists is more important than tactics imo. Pep is a good coach because he has a good plan, but mostly because he can make 11 players believe in that plan like it's religious dogma.