IdleRich

IdleRich
Some people are well past their peak at 30 but Ronaldo will probably still be banging them in at 45. He's closing in on the world record for international goals which is incredible cos most of the top positions are held by people who are able to rack up stupid numbers by scoring double figures against Yemen or whatever every week.

version

Some people are well past their peak at 30 but Ronaldo will probably still be banging them in at 45. He's closing in on the world record for international goals which is incredible cos most of the top positions are held by people who are able to rack up stupid numbers by scoring double figures against Yemen or whatever every week.

Zlatan's apparently scored 300 goals since turning 30.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I fear the worst for Messi, might be he's dogged by injury for the rest of his career.
Zlatan, impressive stat but they're not all at the top level are they? How many in the US?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm joking obviously. To be honest he's never been someone I'd rated as truly world class and I thought at his age he would struggle in the prem - fair enough though, I was wrong.

version

He's an odd one. His stats are ridiculous and he's clearly a good player, but he doesn't make much of an impression on the pitch. You just see an acrobatic goal from time to time and see him acting up in the media.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Obviously he did his best stuff when I wasn't watching and I may have underrated him. I kinda thought he was a flat track bully.

entertainment

Played a game for the first time in a while yesterday. 10 minutes in, some big guy and I both sprint for a ball, I poke it, he comes down, full weight of him, studs first onto my foot. Next mandatory challenge, ball's hip height, I try to shield it, same guy as earlier comes flying with his knee into my thigh. Dead leg, out of the game after 15 minutes, we lose 4-2 and I'm still limping around.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I hear you. I just started playing after a two year hiatus (I had this weird boil on my leg that necessitated general anaesthetic to remove, then the wound where they cut it out needed an operation etc etc then I moved to Portugal and all the people I know are wasters who can't run or turn up to a place on time - but now I found a game) and the first one was tough cos it's five-a-side but two hours long. Luckily the Portuguese are very gentle, they stop if someone touches someone or falls over a bit or whatever (I'm always thinking "seriously?") so the only pain was due to my lack of touch and fitness. First few games standard was quite low (luckily) but now there are quite a few good players who come regularly and I have a real battle with a couple of them - one guy in particular is a real handful, so tricky and dangerous. I absolutely love it though, so glad to be back playing every week, really there is almost nothing I enjoy more. It's on the Monday and after a heavy weekend I almost dread it... and then I get there and five minutes in I'm totally immersed in it... it's the perfect way to sweat out the toxins.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Liverpool were a bit lucky today after Henderson let their only shot on target through his hands. Felt sorry for the guy, the Guardian described it as a "ghastly, freakish howler" which I think is a bit much. I mean was it really "freakish"? I bet there's a cock up like that every week in the top leagues, in fact sounds like Loris fucked up today but they're not talking about it in the same terms cos Spurs won.