Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I'm a bit out of the funky loop cos I don't buy mp3s or listen to many radio shows, but the Ossie release on Lightworks is an absolute beezer. Anyone know of future releases from them?

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/391067-ossie-tarantula-funkineven-mix

Glad you're liking it buddy. Not heard anything about what they're releasing in future, but maybe someone else will have info? The label seems to be run by Reecha & Jon Rust, they guys who do the Standard Place nights with Oneman. They've got a pretty cool set up on the Boiler Room archive which features the Ossie tunes (think a lot of the other tunes in the set are old classics though).

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The main thing for me is that whatever new developments happen keep building on the rhythmic developments funky has made, as opposed to people all going back to making straight-line kind of tunes.

Urgh - just listened to the Marcus set with Majestic from a couple of weeks ago (nice to hear Majestic back on radio btw) and it has plenty of these kind of tunes dotted through it. I think my main problem with this stuff is that even on its own terms its not very exciting - i.e. if you want to be a house dj now, then at least play better house music please.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Anyway, on more of a positive, this is what I meant to post before but then forgot.
Naughty Raver - Cheeky Barse EP, due out April 25th:
Tim should be happy about this, and hopefully some other people too.
As well as Cheeky Barse Riddim, also features Drama, Sticks & Stones and some other bits I hadn't heard before. Drama is such a big tune, nice that it's finally coming out.

Benny Bunter

Murdz 86 is on live fm at 10pm tonight. I'm going out so I'll miss it, but if anyone listens will they record it please? The last one I heard by him was great and its been ages since I caught a decent show on Live.

jimitheexploder

I'd love to hear that Merdz 86 set if its about, he's ace. I've not heard much good on Live for a bit really. I don't think Petchy has been on for well over a month whats going on there? Is he off to Rinse or something? Wouldn't be suprised haha

Anyway good free bits recentlt...

Champion Sounds Vol.3

Carnao Beats Upper Hand

Benny Bunter

^ those free bits are excellent, there's also another new freebie track on Champions soundcloud.

No Petchy again last night, just a re-run of a Devine recordings set I'd already heard twice before on Live FM. I'm assuming that a Saturday night slot is becoming less and less tenable as his reputation and bookings grow. As far as I know he still plays his straight house sets on a wednesday.

Tim F

Cosign everything Andy's been saying for the last couple of pages. Marcus is falling off a bit. Though I rather enjoyed that Majestic set actually, he's a good MC to use if you absolutely must play long-ass deep tunes as he's so dense, he makes them sound much more interesting than they might otherwise. Also that "Slave to the Beat" tune is a killer!!

wise

bare BARE BONES
Did anyone get this one?

Beat Bullys - Bounce (Champion's Skankers Remix)

If so can you dropbox it please, ta!