Rolling Rugby Thread

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Still, on the bright side, it was OK to lose to Ireland. Anything (even losing to Western Samoa) is better than losing to England.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i just saw Andrew Sheridan in my local poncey independent coffee-shop.

he's a big boy.

sheridanDM1710_468x685.jpg

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Luke, you're not wrong there.

they get their coffee from those Glaswegian roasters, Matthew Algie, but i bet yours is better, the Aussie culture pisses all over ours as we know.

craner

Beast of Burden
Oh dear, and there was Shanklin boasting about Cardiff Blues progress in the Observer yesterday...

luka

wouldn't be shocked if i win the first one.
but i'd be less suprised if they lose.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Still, there's no way it'll be as depressing as getting up three Saturdays in a row at 8am to see the All Blacks piss in Lions' faces after trying to cripple O'Driscoll.

Mind you, there was something charmingly old-school about watching rugby beamed from the other side of the world to a pub crowd at silly hours of the morning. Made up for the games.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ian McGeechan has a lot of explaining to do. The first choice pack is humiliated, and then, after a few catastrophically delayed substitutions in the pack (Vickery should have been off after 20 minutes - he looked confused and beaten even then), the Lions for 20-30 minutes DESTROY the supposed world champions, who, Pienaar aside, look absolutely ineffectual.

If we run the ball at the Springboks next time round, we'll win the match and then the series. It's there for the taking, cos they just can't cope with the magnificent pairing of Roberts and O'Driscoll (who could?).

If (as I fear) the selection is wrong again, it's going to be 3-0.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, are we all looking forward to the winter internationals, then?

Not looking so good for England right now.

craner

Beast of Burden
I chose an awful video there, by the way. Apologies all Welshmen. "Greet Redeemer" not "Great Jehova". Bloody Hell!

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ha ha, that's better!

don_quixote

Trent End
not really. international rugby doesn't feature leicester tigers.

at least lawrence dallaglio isn't around anymore though. what a penis.

england vs france is usually good fun though. and hoping ireland lose all the time.

craner

Beast of Burden
Doesn't look like they will, though, after yesterday. Oh well!

I'm waiting for some Leigh Halfpenny heroics this season. He's been looking good at the Blues this autumn.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i'm sure honest Steve Thompson will bring something, potentially of an agricultural bent.

(note: the above can be read ironically or w a straight face; i think it works either way.)

other than that, a mix of Zimmer frames and rusks will be needed in the English luggage.