Rolling Rugby Thread

scottdisco

rip this joint please
oh dear Oliver i am sorry :eek:

very inept the Welsh there

watching Ireland do it in a busy Irish pub was the dog testes (one screen tuned to that, the other Setanta to United at Pompey - proper Irish pub)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
well done ireland - exacting some measure of revenge for the summer.

wales were awful, just awful. it was like being transported back to the 90s.

craner

Beast of Burden
Alright, 6 Nations - we're on!

I'll be down Delaney's in Norwich today, with the only other Welsh man I know in the city.

We're nervous. I reckon England are looking ok, and we're still recovering from that shocking Australia game.

Anyway, place your bets, please.

Ireland, surely.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Alright, 6 Nations - we're on!

I'll be down Delaney's in Norwich today, with the only other Welsh man I know in the city.

We're nervous. I reckon England are looking ok, and we're still recovering from that shocking Australia game.

Anyway, place your bets, please.

Ireland, surely.

I'll be in mixed Welsh/English company in London...nervous too.

Oh God, I'd forgotten about the Australia game. Abysmal.

France. Ireland are too inconsistent to win two in a row.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
OK, there are no words for that game - it can only be expressed through noises. Astonishing. Totally unmerited by Wales, but astonishing all the same.

Ireland-France is going to be grudge-fuelled humdinger too, I think. Best rugby day in ages.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
To have been there would've been unbelievable. And seeing the look on Andy Robinson's face was priceless.

Why do I have to support teams who make it so difficult for themselves every time though??!

Just listening to Dan Parks interview. Now it makes sense!

craner

Beast of Burden
Wales were pushing for the line on the flat screen at Dempsey's and this came blaring out of the juke box; as the song came to its final climatic chorus, Leigh Halfpenny dived across the line. You have never seen such ecstatic, moved Welshmen! Right at the end of the match, as Shane Williams scored that heart-stopping, skipping try...this was going off at full volume. This is completely true...and to think that for most of the match I'd been desperately missing the commentary! A perfect, perfect moment. Pity about the scoreline though. Only two penalties away from a famous score, maybe even a win.

It was a great match, a much more postitive Wales performance: superb performances from Shane and Stephen Jones, great rucking, some fantastic breaks, and some brilliant, creative backs play. Unlilke the last two matches, I don't think we were totally outplayed at any point...just too many simple mistakes and some ill-discipline stopped us from sticking it to France, the hungriest and most stylish team in the tournament this year. Ces't la vie. I can live with that; I love France too.

But I do not want us to lose to Ireland in any manner.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Of course, every true Welshman loves France too, as the greatest team ever to play the game. But....why fuck around for the first half...why?

Edit: That try was insane, as was Hook's vs England. We clearly have the talent...

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
I might be the only person who thinks this...apart from Gatland and the team, but I thought there was some very good play in that first half...Wales were driving down for a decent period with some great play, before that interception...I mean, it was a slap in the face. Too many mistakes caused by too much creativity and...to be fair, a fucking awful line out as usual. We'd make it so much easier for ourselves if we sorted that rather large flaw out. Also, I don't know why we lost that rock solid line of defence we perfected during the 08 Grand Slam match against France. Is it because Gavin Henson was in charge of it...and we lost Gavin Henson? But that was an enormous weapon in that epic. Some of the most exciting defence play I've seen..totally intense and focussed. It seems a shame we're not as good now as then when in 08 Gatland was saying Wales were 2 years away from being a great team. Ho hum.

We also miss Mike Phillips like fuck.