Rolling Rugby Thread

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
yeah, line out was execrable. Why is it so difficult to improve? As to good play, I guess, but Hook should unfortunately be dropped for doing that again, after losing us the game to South Africa thru exactly the same mistake. I like him, but there's no choice. that decision effectively lost Wales the game again. He didn't look.

08 against France was immense, you're right. But france are a more inspired team now. Parra is destined for greatness, I believe.

craner

Beast of Burden
Nick Mallett is a cool, handsome bastard, though. I like the Italy team. After Wales and France, they're the next in my heart. Can't stand England, Scotland or Ireland. Though I loved the fact Scotland won today, they certainly deserved it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Nick Mallett is a cool, handsome bastard, though. I like the Italy team. After Wales and France, they're the next in my heart. Can't stand England, Scotland or Ireland. Though I loved the fact Scotland won today, they certainly deserved it.

I was saying exactly the same yesterday. Wales, France, Italy* - always the order it should be. I rather like Scotland, too - great history, endearingly hapless for so long until now. Andy Robinson is clearly a brilliant coach.

I love the way France beat Johnson and Wilkinson at their own, tedious, game. And Morgan Parra's arrogance has been a highlight of this year's campaign - love French scrum-halves.

* of course, globally, Fiji are number 3

craner

Beast of Burden
That's how I felt, until the end, when I felt weirdly touched. I dunno why, cos it was ghastly. Maybe the Akabusi thing.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm glad Jessica Ennis was untouched by this indignity, though spoilt by the fact that she probably would've wanted to be.

Ah, man, what a shit cuntry.

craner

Beast of Burden
Too many people forgot this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ah, a man of taste! Still one of my favourite sporting memories ever. Up there with France v NZ 1999 in the pantheon of spine-tingling sporting upsets.

PS I thought that clip had E2-E4 playing in the background, and was suitably impressed, until I realised I'd left Windows Media Player running.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
And an upset that never was, but was SO close for 15 blessed minutes.... :

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

i should've tried to go to that WC: southern France and sublime rugby....

I LOVE the way in the clip the second commentator is shouting "He's gone! He's gone!" when the Fiji number 9 makes that superb break...too little geniune fan-like passion in many commentators' voices...

Although slightly undone by the patronising "That is possibly the greatest 5 minutes of rugby that Fiji have EVER played" from the other commentator...has he ever seen Fiji play before???!

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
random Gallic brilliance, and rugby commentary as it should be:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

best thing about this one is that i'm sure the NZ crowd would have applauded..they know their rugby and no mistake.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I am calling my greyhound Sergeblanco when i get him in the future.

Ah fuck it - let's go with all of it:

I <3 Dominici. C'est un genie indeed.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

still the most visceral match i've ever seen. why aren't lions tours every 2 years - seeing the best Irish and Welsh players combine in that back division was magic. And England could now add a fair few wonderful players.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Shaun Edwards is an absolute legend.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Switching codes, but fucking hell.... :D

luka

what tackling? there isnt any?? i think its easy to inderestimate how quick strong and nimble the kid is. he just gets people off balnce, uses their momentum against them... hes unstoppbale at times no matter how good a tackler you are.

i like this bloke too

Last edited: