Rolling Rugby Thread

luka

south africa are by far the best team in the world. if you want a tip bet on nz to finish last in this years tri nations. looking foward to argentina joining and making the four nations, dunno when its going to happen. wales wont put a hand on the springboks. they are awesome and probably the biggest bunch of blokes ever to play the game.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
south africa are by far the best team in the world. if you want a tip bet on nz to finish last in this years tri nations. looking foward to argentina joining and making the four nations, dunno when its going to happen. wales wont put a hand on the springboks. they are awesome and probably the biggest bunch of blokes ever to play the game.

2012 for argentina, or meant to be. can't happen soon enough - it's a disgrace they weren't admitted (and Fiji) sooner.

ah, for a test series like last year's Lions. It's possible there'll never be one as good again. That second test really was one of the best game sof rugby ever played.

Looking forward to next year and SA losing the trophy (hopefully for the All Blacks to win)

Last edited:

luka

in fact it would probably make more sense for argentina to play in europe in a lot of ways, not least becasue all their players are based there. not to mention the distances involved but yeah, they need to be playing regular top level rugby. the pacific islands, not just fiji but tonga and samoa as well have been treated shamefully. i have never seen a worse all blacks team than the one they're fielding now so while id love to see them win the world cup at home, particulaly as i plan to be there at the time, i wouldnt bet on it. the stormers and the bulls were by far the stand out sides in the super 14 and the national team looks really formidable.. hopefully they will peak too early or have an off day or something... but just the sheer size of them is something to behold....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
oh for fuck's sakes. supporting wales is awful, and as a metaphor for life it woudl be even worse...endless self-assisted disappointment. :slanted:

luka

facing a Springbok side containing just three regulars

i would have adjusted my prediction if i'd known about this....
that gives you an idea of how far off the pace wales are, and probably the whole northern hempishere.
at home, against a b team.... scary scary stuff.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i would have adjusted my prediction if i'd known about this....
that gives you an idea of how far off the pace wales are, and probably the whole northern hempishere.
at home, against a b team.... scary scary stuff.

hmm, unsure about that three regualrs thing: Steyn; Aplon, Fourie, De Jongh, Ndungane; Pienaar, Januarie; Van der Linde, Smit, Botha, Rossouw, Matfield, Louw, Potgieter, Van Niekerk.

There must be at least six or seven in there: Steyn, Fourie, Pienaar, Januarie, Smit, Roussouw, Matfield.

Yeah, Wales are off the pace, but they should have given that B side a bit of a drubbing really. Dont' rate Gatland - there doesn't seem to be enough acknowledgement that things are going wrong, or a change of tactics.

luka

it wasn't on telly here so i didn't watch it. just read the match reports....
if they had :
Steyn; Aplon, Fourie, De Jongh, Ndungane; Pienaar, Januarie; Van der Linde, Smit, Botha, Rossouw, Matfield, Louw, Potgieter, Van Niekerk
that lot then wales done pretty good. which games are you looking foward to most?
of course the biggest news in rugby is sonny bill agreeing to join new zealand rugby. that i really am looking foward to.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i'm not looking forwar to wales' mini-tour of NZ, that's for sure. we're gonna get murdered. world cup next year should be amazing though - but the prices for getting out there are astronomical :eek:

luka

this is the worst all blacks side in living memory... be optimistic! theres players like hayman who opted to stay in europe and lots of injuries.... wales could easily get a win.

luka

england should win tonight, unless they're even worse than i think they are. australia have fuck all players left, and they're shit at rugby anyway.

luka

wow, they're even worse than i thought. they just lost to schoolboys. you can't keep martin johnson there. that was the most braindead rugby ive ever seen. they never looked one bit capable of getting over the line.

luka

amazing turnaround... almost miraculous turnaround. they couldn't catch the ball last week this week they were throwing it about with abandon, hitting the ball at pace, finding gaps, winning turnover ball, looking for once, like a real rugby team. still depended on giteau missing a lot of kicks but wilkonson missed on at the end too so who knows, really encouraging... looking foward to the rest of their tour games now
this is the worst all blacks side in living memory... be optimistic! theres players like hayman who opted to stay in europe and lots of injuries.... wales could easily get a win.

five tries to nil... oh well....

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, Wales will sadly never get near the All Blacks. it was a fateful decision to even undertake a tour there - all it's going to do is smash morale, which could conceivably have been raised a little by the performance vs the Springboks. A 5-6 game tour, with games against provincial sides (I'm presuming these didn't happen, or maybe I've just missed them) would've been better conceived. Turn up and get murdered by the ABs twice? Why bother...

Well done England, though Johnson's coaching record is still haphazard.

luka

wasnt able to watch it but wow! well done the Maori! what an effort, beating ireland AND england is huge.

luka

nz has a population of 4 million. Maori make up about 14% of that population. just to put it into perspective.