Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,662 of 1662

Thread: Cooking tips and wonderful flavour combinations

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Keep your hair on. It was a pity like
    Ha!

Come on, YOU LOVE THE MEAT.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Ha!

Come on, YOU LOVE THE MEAT.
    #meatheals, man
    You need to come up with a name for these teased-out, wind-dried mushroom fillets of yours.

I've developed a steak rub
    You can get ointment for that, can't you?

My current thing is cooking puy lentils with onion and beetroot for a sort of meaty winter-farmhousey vegetarian side-dish.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    anyone here grated an onion? turkish people do love grating onions and im defineitly going to give it a try some time soon.
    update plz
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I've got a couple of chunks of sirloin cooking sous-vide right now
    Anyone else here into cooking this way, btw? It's revolutionized steak for me. No fancy equipment needed, just two saucepans and a digital thermometer.

before your post, i thought sous vide had something to do with pressurising equipment (as in the pressure cookers used to make decent fried chicken), because of the name. Didn't realise it was home-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    before your post, i thought sous vide had something to do with pressurising equipment (as in the pressure cookers used to make decent fried chicken), because of the name. Didn't realise it was home-friendly
    Nah, it's a piece of piss. I mean you can buy fancy equipment for it but all you need is a simple bain-marie (saucepan inside a bigger saucepan), ziploc-type bags for the steaks (IKEA ones are nonpareil for this) and a thermometer. Set it up with the water just a bit warmer than the desired temperature (about 54 degC is ideal for medium-rare) because it'll obviously drop a few degrees when you put the steaks in. Then just leave it, checking the temperature every 20 minutes or so and giving it a quick blast on the hob if it's too low. An hour's cooking is fine and then you give it the standard minute-per-side treatment in a hot pan with a dash of oil.

"all you need is a simple bain-marie"!

No, it sounds quite straightforward- may try it before meat becomes a luxury item (which it is anyways of course in real terms, but, Brexit)

I have a good book called Cooking for Geeks where he gives instructions for building a sous vide device at home - it's basically a slow cooker combined with a digital thermometer and some kind of electronic feedback thingamajiggy. I would probably fail miserably to get this done but Tea, you could probably make it easy enough.

Thank you so much for the amazing flavour combinations. After my kitchen reno, I will try many of them and keep you posted with my feedback

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinoak For This Useful Post:

probably the most advanced spam bot we've had on here i think? let's keep him online for a bit longer.