Chucking stuff at people

STN

sou'wester
is really funny isn't it? When I was younger I lived in this amazing townhouse that was really tall with a shielded roof and me and my flatmate would sit up there hurling vegetables and water bombs at people. Good times.

I haven't chucked anything at anyone for years...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Someone threw a water balloon at me and my girlfriend the other day. It missed though and it was a sunny day so I wasn't that bothered. When I used to live near Brick Lane the local kids used to throw rotten eggs so a water balloon on a sunny day seems fairly benign.

STN

sou'wester
I think the last thing I chucked at anyone was when I pelted my cousin with beer cans last summer.

STN

sou'wester
yeah, it was always a sunny day, otherwise it's a massive liberty.

I wasn't the author of your girlfriend's waterbombing.

martin

----
It's especially gratifying when the target's a DJ or musician, but one of the funniest incidents I recall was when a female member of some communist faction had to flee a hail of cheese and onion mini-quiches at QMW college sometime in the mid-90s.

alex

Do not read this.
yea when we was @ the tate modern for a trip back in school, my mate lobbed a stone high high HIGH up in the air, randomly, as we walked further across the PACKED lunch area outside we then came in contact with an old woman who's face was pissing of blood & had about 3 different people consolling her. I am in no way condoning this & my view on the event to this day stays impartial.

martin

----
Study the picture of supermodel Fabio's face, after he got hit by the goose on the rollercoaster.

That's the look every waterbomber in a fast-moving car wants to etch onto their victim's face. When it happens, it's beautiful.

nomos

Administrator
the dairy where i grew up used to leave all of their expired products out in the open where any well-organized group of teens with cars could easily cultivate it.

alex

Do not read this.
nomos you reminded me that CO-OP used to leave out of date still sealed food in the bins behind it, so when we wernt cotchin & bunnin we were throwing Baugettes & sausages at eachother/old bill/cars/windows.....(and yes old ladies)

nomos

Administrator
but chucking balloons is amateur. launchers are the real deal. though they can attract a heavy police response.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I wasn't the author of your girlfriend's waterbombing."
I didn't suspect you for a second. It was quite cool though, I felt like a bodyguard, first there was the explosion (admittedly of water) and both of us froze until I reacted first and, guessing what had happened, shouted "move" and dragged the stunned victim onwards out of range.

"Study the picture of supermodel Fabio's face, after he got hit by the goose on the rollercoaster."
Thanks for reminding me of this.

martin

----
but chucking balloons is amateur.

It's that DIY charm though. There was a kid at our school who used to defaecate with the toilet roll stretched below his back passage, so he could wrap his nightsoil up like a mini-parcel and then throw it out of the toilet window onto terrified pupils in the playground below.

STN

sou'wester
lamentably the cone of chips missed and I don't think he ever knew what hadn't hit him.

Anyone been the victim of this backfiring, when some lunatic victim besieges your house? I haven't, but I know people it's happened to.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
on Wire's live double album Document and Eyewitness, you can hear beer bottles shattering----a result of the audience pelting the band with same

i am not a fan of chucking stuff at people but i understand it is a fact of life