Chucking stuff at people

zhao

there are no accidents
and where ever i go i will always remember with fondness and praise that shoe hurled by that iraqi journalist. without question the single most impressive projectile (even if it was dodged) in recent memory.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
On a lighter note, Reading Festival used to be a veritable tournament of band/projectile interaction.

Goth/Glam popsters The Bolshoi came off especially badly.

This little gem of Panic at the Disco being knocked out being a great example
</EMBED>

vimothy

yurp
All you need is two thousand bouncy balls and a tall building. There are pictures, which I shall try to find...

Dusty

Tone deaf
Once pelted some drunken thugs having a fight below our block of flats with paper cups full of water. Not the most threatening of projectiles but it made them put their differences aside in order to scream up at the windows for our blood. Luckily they couldn't work out which window it had come from. Shat ourselves a bit.

zhao

there are no accidents
Launching things heavenwards with a tennis racket is fun. My brother and I used to launch thus small apples over our house and into faraway roads, onto cars, people, from the safety and comfort of our back garden.

Urbantennisgolf is almost as enjoyable.

and Re: the rock launched above art museum goers story:

reminds me of item in newspaper where 2 kids were rolling bowling balls off of a freeway overpass. perfectly wholesome pass time for a sunny day... one of them landed on a car's windshield, killing a father and his 2 children.

Benny Bunter

Once pelted some drunken thugs having a fight below our block of flats with paper cups full of water. Not the most threatening of projectiles but it made them put their differences aside in order to scream up at the windows for our blood. Luckily they couldn't work out which window it had come from. Shat ourselves a bit.

Ha! Witnessed something very similar to this at a mates birthday party recently, only with eggs instead of water, and with the added allure of a pound coin super-glued to the pavement outside the block of flats.

Of course I'm far too mature to get involved in such childish shenanigans. Was funny though...

Lichen

I was at an opening at a gallery on Exmouth Market a few years ago - some tikes hurled eggs at a chardonnay swigging suit.

STN

sou'wester
This news has improved my afternoon, though if they'd let me know in advance I could have taken a taxi from my office.

BareBones

wheezy
when i was at university i saw someone get chucked out of the union bar for throwing a pint at pat sharpe.

and like HELLO, you guys seem to have forgotten all about snowballs. Surely you threw snowballs this year, STN?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
when i was at university i saw someone get chucked out of the union bar for throwing a pint at pat sharpe.

That made me chuckle quite a lot for some reason.

Back in the day when I used to share a flat with my two bestest buddies, if we were ever walking home really late from being out in town, we'd always come along a street with lots of grocers' stores where there'd be various random boxes of food sitting open on the pavement - either leftover/waste from the day before, or early deliveries for the next day, or some combination of both (as people not too clued-in on the ways of grocers we weren't too sure).
Now one night, one of my friends, despite repeated concerns from the rest of us about the dubious health status of it, decided to pick up a handful of tomatoes from a big box and take them home to help with cheap eating for the rest of the week. But then about 500 yards down the road, some amusing fellows in a top-floor flat decided to fire water-pistols down at us. They mostly missed, but when they ducked back inside, little did they know that we could respond by well and truly pelting their windows with tomatoes. Gotta love coincindences like that. Karma! :D

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
A waiter who was rude to me about four years ago walked past my flat at the weekend, so I threw a satsuma at him.

Grudgeful, boy!

STN

sou'wester
Nah, I just see him about a lot but was holding off revenge cos he was friends with a woman I fancied. But as a rule, don't test me, for I am vengeful and have a long, long memory.