Rinse FM Going Legit

Roshman

From the link Sectionfive put up.

That's nothing compared to the pure bile I heard the "grimey breakfast" presenter and his downright thick bint of a co-host spouting the other week. They were commenting on the major news stories of the day, including the Sian (mispronounced) O'Callaghan murder in such an insensitive manner I couldn't believe my ears and wouldn't dream of repeating. They then went on to say the soldier who was awarded a bravery medal in Afghanistan was no better than someone going out in the streets of London indiscriminately "spraying 400 bullets" into innocent passers by. My jaw literally dropped.

lol. Is this not the charm of the Grimey Breakfast show?

totaldj

i swear tippademus outed dj allbury (a rinse fm dj lol) as the guy who made that thread?

/

the radio-edits are a par on the grime shows though imo.

benjybars

village elder.
on the podcast section on Rinse it seems like Julie Adenuga has got her own daily show..

has anyone listened?
does she dj?

do JME and Skepta ever do rinse these days? what about wiley?

wise

bare BARE BONES
another quote from that link

"Had a listen to Rinse this morning and they were playing Eye Of The Tiger and My Heart Will Go On. Celine Dion is at least as offensive as a couple of F-bombs..."

rubberdingyrapids

rinse are releasing a lot of mixes and producer albums/compilations at the moment. i wish the mixes sounded a bit fatter sonically - nearly all of them sound really thin and a bit weedy unless you play them really loud.

SecondLine

rinse are releasing a lot of mixes and producer albums/compilations at the moment. i wish the mixes sounded a bit fatter sonically - nearly all of them sound really thin and a bit weedy unless you play them really loud.

yeah actually I kinda thought this about the Ben UFO mix - that feeling of, no matter how much you turn it up, it always sounds a bit 'too quiet'. but then obviously it beats a radio podcast by a mile so I thought I was just being a picky fucker

viktorvaughn

That geeneus one is excellent and I'm glad its just him talking, resisted the idea of fancying it up, presuming there will be 18 in total which is a nice thought, right through to the present.

Building up a folklore of modern piracy.

rubberdingyrapids

geeneus' one is great. makes me nostalgic. i do sometimes wonder if something like grime came around today, whether rinse would be all on it like they were back in the early 00s or if they would think it would ruin their new, more respectable, rep... then again i cant really blame them as there arent any challengers to the post dubstep/whatever side of things.