social networking is killing society

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
It's funny to think that there's a generation that's grown up with shoes and never knew a life without them.

Speaking from the point of view of somebody how delivers lectures, I find that way less intrusive than (old-school voice) chatting.

First point makes sense, but I don't really see where you're going with the shoe analogy...

There seems to be plenty of regular chatting, too. But it's a special kind of annoying on the part of those in the audience, all of the rustling and getting phones out of bags and pockets and loud vibrating noises...

P.S. hey Gavin!

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
You're right - you aren't any good at banter.

I think the idea is that this is the next best thing to going barefoot without cutting your feet to shreds on shards of broken Britain.

As ugly as those things are, they are probably far less likely to send you to a podiatrist later in life than fashionable shoes are.

zhao

there are no accidents
Yes, thanks for the links!

actually please delete the links after you've copied or used them...

this has been said already, but just to reiterate that there are people i adore and immensely enjoy spending time with who do not share any similar interests at all. or at least there were. (which is of course sad in the melancholic sense)

my girlfriend thinks these websites are all basically stupid and shallow, and i think she thinks experiences had off the grid or not recorded on it is more "real".

i joined MS and FB mainly to promote my music stuff, but have been sucked in by FB's efficient exchange method. i do like it a lot and all kinds of good things have happened in my life through it (but mostly related to music).

and to counter the "shallowness" accusation i just posted something deep on twitter.