digital mixing styles

straight

wings cru
Thing is, the optimum way to play a beautiful tune to offset and contrast a banger is to play it AFTER the banger rather than before, in my experience.

'bunch of roses for the battered wife' is what ive always referd to this as

tyranny

'bunch of roses for the battered wife' is what ive always referd to this as

Brilliant!

It was actually an interview with Naphta I read years ago that really got me thinking about that, he said something along the lines of "if you tie someone to a chair and punch them, and keep punching them, they'll just pass out, but if you punch them, punch them again, and then give them the most passionate kiss you're capable of giving them then the next punch is going to send them flying."

zhao

there are no accidents
i like that. tis true...

i've always thought about it in terms of the old Zen saying: that the loudness of a sound depends on the silence which precedes it.

benjybars

village elder.
90 percent of it hes not even mixing! most of it is a premix on the left cd deck and hes just pretending to do stuff with the up fader thats not connected to anything.

haha... ok.. fair enough. that is a knobby thing to do.

straight

wings cru
best example of this ive heard recently is when acid eiffel creeps into that function RA mix, choked me up

alex

Do not read this.
haha... ok.. fair enough. that is a knobby thing to do.

2bh I agree with what seckle said on dsf, this has been round about ¾ separate forums now, the last thing chafe & crapus need is more fucking publicity. How much you think they got paid for playing re-cut CD’s to 1000’s?