Beds..!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sorry for the dull but important subject....have just moved into a place yesterday where the mattress is appalling (not sure there were ever any springs in it...), and I have to replace it asap before I travel to the mental country of the insomniac (massive sympathy goes out to those of you who suffer from insomnia....).

I'm thinking of getting a memory foam mattress, and am asking everyone I know what's the best optiono - thought I would throw it out on Dissensus too, as the recommendations here are routinely wise and considered....

hucks

Your Message Here
Sorry for the dull but important subject....have just moved into a place yesterday where the mattress is appalling (not sure there were ever any springs in it...), and I have to replace it asap before I travel to the mental country of the insomniac (massive sympathy goes out to those of you who suffer from insomnia....).

I'm thinking of getting a memory foam mattress, and am asking everyone I know what's the best optiono - thought I would throw it out on Dissensus too, as the recommendations here are routinely wise and considered....

I got a memory foam mattress and it's so great I can't get up in the morning. It was about £120 or something, which is cheaper than a new mattress. Weirdly, it does migrate in the night, so you have to move it back every couple of days or so but that's no big deal.

This is both the dullest and most important thing I have ever written on dissensus

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I got a memory foam mattress and it's so great I can't get up in the morning. It was about £120 or something, which is cheaper than a new mattress. Weirdly, it does migrate in the night, so you have to move it back every couple of days or so but that's no big deal.

This is both the dullest and most important thing I have ever written on dissensus

Thanks Hucks! You're right, dull and important go together often.

£120 is cheaper than I was imagining, which is great - did you buy it online, out of interest?

I'm loving this - Dissensus becomes the Home Shopping Channel for a day.

hucks

Your Message Here
John Lewis, my man! I'd just had enough of waking up with springs in my back and marched down to Oxford St...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Second memory foam- so awesome.

My better half decided full on memory foam was too hard, so we went with a combined effort- half normal, half memory foam.

It's lush.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks Matt - I'm now sold on memory foam after two good recommendations today to add to a few yesterday.

Now to look for the autumn sales....

nochexxx

harco pronting

what did you go for in the end?

my NY resolution is to buy a new bed set. - tired of so many sleepless nights!

mms

sometimes
i got a memory foam mattress from warren evans, it's not the tempur stuff but their own version.
I sleep really badly, but since buying it, i haven't had the terrible 3 days of no sleep a week insomnia i've had before getting it, worth every penny for me, and lovely and comfortable, it's harder to have sex on though. lol.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
what did you go for in the end?

my NY resolution is to buy a new bed set. - tired of so many sleepless nights!

still haven't got round to it :slanted:

Slept on my friend's memory foam on NYE, but I was so hungover I couldn't appreciate it....but given the very good reports, think I'll go ahead and get one....expensive, but I'm tired of feeling...tired, so money well spent

nochexxx

harco pronting
for the record my new bed arrived yesterday -ended up buying a small-double divan with a memory foam mattress from these guys who seem on it.

martin

----
I'd like to revive this thread. Is everyone still championing memory foam mattresses? Baboon, how did your experiment work out? I'm thinking of getting one.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I eventually decided against memory foam mattresses, and bought a (seemingly) luxury million-spring-type mattress instead. Alas, I seem to have developed the first bout of insomnia of my life since getting it, but i think that's due to other circumstances rather than the bed itself. In fact, very disappointed to have shelled out £200 for such an underwhelming experience. Bollocks.

I think the only solution is to steal a bed from a hotel, quite honestly.

grizzleb

I've got a Silent Night 'Miracoil' bed that my mum bought us 10 years ago and it's fucking fantastic. Any memory foam thing I've ever sat on I've thought felt well uncomfortable.

martin

----
Well, this is the thing, I don't even know what memory foam is, to be honest. Does it subside and form your shape in the mattress? Sounds a bit like quicksand. The fact Baboon didn't go for it, plus the absence of any fresh comment from its fans upthread, is making me go....oh shit, I'm gonna have to go to a bed place and lie on mattresses all morning.