Introspective/Melancholy Dancehall

crofton

Cheers droid.

Another strong contender would be madd anju's "wha dis fadda" on ants heap riddim ... can't find a recording on the net but was a young blood 7", also on greensleeves sampler 20. anyway you can get some idea of the introspectiveness of it from the lyrics:

Father forgive mi, mi nah complain
But sometime the sysem stressing to the brain
When things get tuff an times get harder
Sometime wi affi ask, a wha dis fadda ...

D

droid

You'd think there'd be an Ants nest riddim mix on youtube wouldn't you?

Heres the Beenie cut anyway:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just posting that cos I love the way they rip off the theme to the Southbank show.

crofton

Another Beenie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
none of these are as introspective or or melancholy as the sizzla tune i posted.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi

wish i could find the old mix i did with this riddim at the start.. some other really nice cuts i cant track down at the moment..

D

droid

This has to be one of the saddest and most eerie tunes in reggae history.