Drugs and Music - what up with it these days?

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
i had a weird synthenasia experience with mushrooms listening to reggae. synthenasia, if you don't know already, is crossing over of audio and visual stimuli, "seeing music".

my mate was playing loads of roots reggae, the vocal spiritual stuff and i could see loads of orangey red warm looking colours streaming from the decks. it sounded like the most incredible thing i've ever heard, not exaggerating when i say it touched my soul. almost sounded like that cliche beloved of crap nme journos, "sonic catherdrals of sound"

xactly, remarc is like the best funfair ever on mushrooms, warm colours, pastel citrus and blues all the noises are like a drop down on the whirlitsers, the chords sound like sea, the voices like ghosts and the drums really 'break', shattered shapes etc.

i reckon 2 step would be good on mushrooms, loads of traces.

and my tv programme 'marcus listens to various types of music on mushrooms and describes them live from his living room' is due on ch4 later this year. he he :D

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
christ, i wouldn't recommend those to anyone. the most fucked up drug users i've ever met are people who take tranquilisers for fun. i knew one guy who was into valium who smashed up his flat over some dispute with the landlord that he couldn't even remember the next day. ripped all the fixtures like sinks off the walls, smashed every piece of furniture into splinters. walking through his flat you could hear glass crunching under foot it looked like a bomb blast. and off he'd go in his car after not sleeping for two days and after munching a handful of vallies. he was a disaster waiting to happen.

there were a bunch of kids who used to be prescription drug conniseurs when i were a lad, they'd never take illegal drugs cos they thought it made them look like hippies, one of them reacted really mentally to the cure. He's a teacher now. he used to write loads of ptv based graffiti on walls across town .