Indie Renaissance?

connect_icut

Saw A Sunny Day in Glasgow play the other night. Really fucking good. Streets ahead of any other "nugaze" band, on all fronts. See/hear them if you get a chance.

don_quixote

Trent End
are rem really unpopular in the us???!

i have to say, i really am a bit partial to rem. i don't care how uncool that makes me.

connect_icut

I think REM are still remembered fondly as a classic rock band in North America but I get the feeling that nobody pays much attention to what they're doing now and I think they have trouble selling out big arenas the way they still effortlessly do in Europe. Of course, I don't have any actual statistics to back any of this up but these are the impressions I get.

Quite enjoying a couple of songs off the new Serena-Maneesh album.

jimitheexploder

I'm feeling this:

Esben and the Witch - Lucia, at the Precipice

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

don_quixote

Trent End
yeah i like meet me in st louis from what i remember of them. tall ships live show is really special. they blew away the band they were supporting. all of them seem to play every instrument, the drummer brought equipment down and played it with people around him, the bassist played a guitar and a bass at the same time at one point... it was all really impressive

jimitheexploder

Nice, I'll have to check them out next time they're around my way it sounds pretty impresive.

It's been a while since I've been to a gig with an acctual band playing, I've been hanging out in clubs instead. But Today I got tickest for the Youthmovies fair well tour before they split up, I'm really looking forwad to the gig. The last time I saw them play was in Leeds and they where amazing, then I went to the West Indian Centre right after and the Iration Steppas blew my face off with bass, as did 2562. Quality night that one.

don_quixote

Trent End
subdub is legendary. a bloody good night out. dragon stout and earplugs all the way!!!

that was the first 'gig' i'd been to in about 2 years actually (tall ships, not subdub, i don't count subdub as gigging)

Littlefoot

Indie Rock is like House,

It's not a type of music its an entire world, it's never gone away and has all kinds of parallel and completely isolated scenes all over the world.