Being unemployed...

benjybars

village elder.
i got a job!!

gonna be a teaching assistant

:)

fucking good timing cos i think i was about a week away from a massive breakdown. :eek:

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Big news, glad you got it sorted out! Time to get record buying, so you can sell them off again next time yer broke :p
How about you Andy, any luck yet?

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
might as well join the club!

Was off work with depression beginning of 2009. Then I went to Wales to put on a party, fell off a ladder, smashed my leg, nearly got it amputated 3 different times and ended up in hospital for 4 months, 5 major ops, all that caper. Meanwhile, got made redundant WHILE i was in hospital and been on ESA since then (March 09).

Not quite ready to work because my leg is still pretty fucked, and i'm moving from London to Northumberland in September so I think I'm going to grit my teeth and survive on benefits till then.

Spend my day selling my CD collection on discogs and spending the money on seven inches on ebay. :confused:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
How about you Andy, any luck yet?

Eh... I'm getting there, I guess. Found a part-time position doing data entry for a research company in town. But it is very part-time hours, basically a few days to a week here and there whenever they have a major project they need bashed through within a timescale.
On top of that I've started doing reviews for an on-line magazine where a friend is one of the editors, if all goes well should have my first one up and published next week. It'll be pocket-money fees at best, but at least it's vaguely doing the sort of work that I want to and that I'm qualified for etc. Been getting on better with my own writing too, which before I was mostly too despondant/braindead to really concentrate on. And I can still sign on too, obv for a lower ammount though.
I still don't feel like a 'proper adult', if you know what I mean, and I'd like things to be more certain and have a clearer long-term plan of where they're going, but on the other hand things are def improving from how they were a few months ago. 2010 > 2009, I reckon.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I've never been employed and I'm not bothering to look cause I'm about to go to trial for a Section 18 GBH. Count ya'sells lucky. Also anyone want to help me start a grime career?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Also anyone want to help me start a grime career?

Well, we could ask Tempa T to shout 'Free Bassbeyondreason!' a lot on his next release, that should help generate some interest.
Seriously though, I hope whatever is going on with you works out for the best. It sounds, erm, serious.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I've never been employed and I'm not bothering to look cause I'm about to go to trial for a Section 18 GBH. Count ya'sells lucky. Also anyone want to help me start a grime career?"
Hope you got him good.

jimitheexploder

Yeah, I'm one of them unemployed. It's been getting better recently though, I've acctualy found jobs to apply for after a long period of there being hardly anything at all around. I even had an interview the other week but I didn't get it in the end. Just applyed for a job at my local council doing out doors countryside type stuff, which is what I'm trained in amongst other things so fingers crossed I'll hear back soon.

A good thing to being unemployed is that it gave me time to find out I can write (kinda....) and I ended up accidently co-creating Sonic Router haha so thats a bouns.

Good luck to anyone else in the same boat, it can be a right mission.

gumdrops

i had a pr job interview yesterday and did well on all the pr related stuff i think but on 2 other questions which i felt were kinda important to show knowledge of their area i faltered a bit. almost tempted to email them to tell them what i meant to say as typically i remembered afterwards but that prob goes against all rules of what youre meant to do as a job interviewee. never mind.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I should probably have mentioned that I got a new job three weeks ago. It was for a wanky furniture designer called T*m Dix*n. However there was really no need 'cause I've just been fired. Oh well, I was about ready for a holiday to be honest. Back to the dole office I guess....

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, that's probably nearer the truth to be honest, it's all amicable, they're gonna pretend I was a short term contractor and give me a good reference. Not exactly sure why I got canned to be honest, they said that they thought that I would find the job boring (true buit all jobs are boring) and that I didn't have certain skills they needed. They blamed themselves for not finding that out from my cv - it was very much "it's not you it's us". To be honest I just don't think that my face fitted with all the trendy design types who had a massive passion for the boss guy's oh so amazing furniture.

nochexxx

harco pronting
I should probably have mentioned that I got a new job three weeks ago. It was for a wanky furniture designer called T*m Dix*n. However there was really no need 'cause I've just been fired. Oh well, I was about ready for a holiday to be honest. Back to the dole office I guess....

soz to hear that man.

sounds like your better off not having to get up and put on the lie suit anyway.