FairiesWearBoots

Oneman mix for XLR8R, looks dope as fuck

01 Bad Autopsy "Callback" (Ramp)
02 Instra:mental "Talkin' Mono" (NonPlus+)
03 Joy Orbison "GR Etiquette"
04 SBTRKT "2020" (Brainmath)
05 Unknown "Sicko Cell"
06 Boddika "When I Dip" (NonPlus+)
07 El-B & Juiceman "Buck & Bury" (Ghost)
08 Unknown "Mellotroid"
09 FaltyDL "Doo Wop"
10 Pearson Sound "Blanked" (Hessle Audio)
11 Girl Unit "IRL" (Night Slugs)
12 Amerie "One Thing" (French Fries Remix)"
13 Ill Blu "Pull It (Instrumental)" (It's Funky)
14 The Touch "Bodies Waiting (French Fries Remix)"
15 Redlight "MDMA" (Polydor)
16 SX vs. Ramadanman "Woooo Glut"
17 Desto & Jimi Tenor "Doorlock Riddim"
18 Shortstuff & Mickey Pearce "Tripped Up (Ramadanman Re-edit)" (Ramp)
19 Jay Weed "The Naos" (502)
20 Benga "Skank" (Big Apple)
21 Toasty "Skinny" (Destructive)
22 Mala "City Cycle" (Tectonic)

http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2010/12/oneman

FairiesWearBoots

not to re-start the naming debate, (I hate names) but I'm calling it tuff house, just for the sake of my friends who really dont listen to much electronic music, who ask me 'what sort of music are you playing? it's house but . . er . . a bit 'tougher'?

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Does this mean that people making 2step sounding stuff during the peak halfstep purist Dubstep years were in fact making Proto Future Garage?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
basically it seems to me that a lot of the producers have captured the body of garage (broadly replicating the rhythms etc) without capturing any of the heart, of the rude excitement that the best garage tunes carry. just my opinion mind - although there are a few exceptions, largely submerse's hold it down.
That's sort of my experience although I'm sort of out of the loop and I'm more than willing to be proved wrong...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
basically it seems to me that a lot of the producers have captured the body of garage (broadly replicating the rhythms etc) without capturing any of the heart, of the rude excitement that the best garage tunes carry. just my opinion mind - although there are a few exceptions, largely submerse's hold it down.

that's a nice tune, but it's like a few well-chosen samples on top of a jacked 2-step rhythm. this wouldn't have been the future in 1998. So, yeah, agree with your broader point, definitely - nothing wrong with it, but it's a mediocre exercise in nostalgia.

benw

that's a nice tune, but it's like a few well-chosen samples on top of a jacked 2-step rhythm. this wouldn't have been the future in 1998. So, yeah, agree with your broader point, definitely - nothing wrong with it, but it's a mediocre exercise in nostalgia.

aye its nothing groundbreaking, but it just does it for me. cant explain why tbh.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Anyone going to FWD
event-130111.gif
tomorrow (thursday) night?

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Does this mean that people making 2step sounding stuff during the peak halfstep purist Dubstep years were in fact making Proto Future Garage?

This reminds me of a running joke I have with a music journo friend:

If halfstep came by dividing the 2step beat in half, then shouldn't it be called "1step". Or my favourite: "astep".

FairiesWearBoots

serious head under a rock shame -

I slept on Jamie XX big time,

fucking hell that "NY is . . " BIG

soul control or wot - and such a wee nipper too, I'm more excited about what I've heard from him than James Blake

looking forward to the GSH remix album - anyone else feeling? (no doubt this was all discussed about 1 year ago:p)

FairiesWearBoots

no no, news of the LP only broke late in December. I love it personally, it's really lush and emotive, others seem not so keen but there you go.

aah OK - enjoyed the interview also, big ups

rushed out to get the NY 12" and the Adele one, thinking of splashing out on the Deluxe LP pack, good shit

was in Berlin at Bright last week and had to stop in a biz meeting to go and listen as someone was playing NY :D

CrowleyHead

I came in maybe 1/2way through Boddika? That was pretty good. Addison killed it. I was around the beginning of Loefah's set but I missed the rest...

FairiesWearBoots

Loefah's set was excellent & Pinch at the start was great

did a little mix of my own at the weekend - just figured out Soundcloud etc - excuse the spam

Just some of the tunes i'm feeling at the moment, all vinyl, 2 x 1210's & AH Xone22 mixer - no tricks, and its the first one I've shared so dont watch too hard :)
Tracklist
S-X: Woo Riddim (Butterz)
Smith & Mighty: Dub U (Unearthed)
Darkstar: Aidys' Girl . . Kyle Hall Oats So Deep mix (Hyperdub)
Falty DL: My Friends Will Always Say (Planet Mu)
Horsepower Productions: Electro Bass Dub (Turn U On)
Sizzla: Rain Showers (Bronx Dogs Remix) XTerminator
Slackk: Theme from Dub (Numbers)
Rod Lee: Here it Come (Club Kings)
Benny ill vs Dinesh: New York (Vehicle)
The Brown Acid: Try Humanity Zomby Mix (News)
Sbtrkt: The Unspoken (Monkey Town)
Julio Bashmore: Battle For Middle you (PMR)
La Funk Mob: Ravers Suck Our Sound Carl Craig mix (Mo Wax)
The XX: VCR Four Tet mix (Young Turks)

http://soundcloud.com/eska73/eska-mix-jan11