don_quixote

Trent End
i'm currently watching italy get absolutely dicked on by mexico. mexico have missed two golden chances in the second half and had a decent penalty shout turned down. theyre already 1-0 up. this is embarrassing for italy.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i'm currently watching italy get absolutely dicked on by mexico. mexico have missed two golden chances in the second half and had a decent penalty shout turned down. theyre already 1-0 up. this is embarrassing for italy.

does anyone have a record for world cup winners' pre-tournament friendlies..? I'm pretty sure many of those that have gone on to win have suffered embarrassingly before the real games began.

alex

Do not read this.
who would you rather come on in the last 20 mins of a game with fresh legs? theo walcott or shaun wright-phillips? decision for me is a no brainer.

Is that worth taking him to the world cup for though? Don't think it justify's on that reason alone.

edit* I would just like to add that I am glad Ballack isn't out there, I fucking hate him. And Chelsea. If you are Chelsea, fuck you.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Ivanovic, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, J Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Deco, Stoch, Malouda, Drogba (I hope), Kalou, Anelka. Fourteen players, beat that

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
valdes, pique, puyol, busquets, iniesta, pedro, xavi, alves, toure, messi, marquez, henry, abidal, villa....fabregas?

don_quixote

Trent End
by the way, loads of updates on that blog i posted *PIMP PIMP PIMP* including why marek hamsik has been linked to diego maradona, which england player made the 17 shirt have legendary status and a revelation worthy of overcoming the disappointment of swp getting the 17 shirt for england.

http://seventeentilidie.blogspot.com

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Well, Ledley King slots right in, yes? Can't see this making an overwhelming difference to England's chances.

crackerjack

Well, Ledley King slots right in, yes? Can't see this making an overwhelming difference to England's chances.

I can.

King's a fine player, but he's permaknacked and slow. We now have the slowish EBJT partnering either the very slow Carragher or the even slower King. Or Upson, which doesn't bear thinking about. We have a right back who's just regressed 2 seasons and our 1st and 2nd choice goalkeepers are being upstaged by the 3rd.

Then in midfield, it's that old housewives favourite the Frank & Stevie show. God forbid anything should happen to Wayne.

You can get 11/2 on a USA win. Just saying.

hucks

Your Message Here
The thing with Ferdinand is that he hasn't been fit all season. I was just watching some of the last year's England games and he is responsible for both goals v Holland and the goal v Egypt at the very least.

And no doubt he has lost pace. See, for instance, Bellamy burn him at Old Trafford early last season. The problem with the England back 4 was that we didn't have the Ferdinand of 2 seasons ago, and we still don't.

Also Cracker are you really saying Johnson has regressed 2 seasons? That doesn't make sense. Other than that, yeah, certainly worth backing the Yanks at -1 goals.

crackerjack

The thing with Ferdinand is that he hasn't been fit all season. I was just watching some of the last year's England games and he is responsible for both goals v Holland and the goal v Egypt at the very least.

And no doubt he has lost pace. See, for instance, Bellamy burn him at Old Trafford early last season. The problem with the England back 4 was that we didn't have the Ferdinand of 2 seasons ago, and we still don't.

Also Cracker are you really saying Johnson has regressed 2 seasons? That doesn't make sense. Other than that, yeah, certainly worth backing the Yanks at -1 goals.

His defending has been shit recently. It's never been great, but now it's really bad. Nice goal though.

don_quixote

Trent End
you may be pimping that nike ad, but look... first off ronaldinho doesn't get picked. then cannavaro signs for some middle east team and italy looked a bloody nightmare against mexico. then drogba breaks his arm.

i'm getting worried for rooney here.