baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
plus it's Poland, who aren't much cop right now - any team with nous would've stopped Xavi/Iniesta on the edge of the area, by fair means or foul. Not saying I agree with it, but you can guarantee eg italy wouldn't have let him do that, whatever it took.

And look at what happened to cambiasso - Xavi'll proabbly be out of the team by next world cup.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
still not as good as this though.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

crackerjack

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:mad:

crackerjack

from popbitch

While boring countries like Germany and Spain
prepare for the World Cup with batteries of
sports scientists and computerised tactical
schemes, Diego Maradona is getting his Argentina
team in shape with methods more familiar to
six and seven year olds. The losers in a
recent training game were forced to line up, bend
over and endure their conquerors wellying shiny
footballs at their arses. Ole!

They can't possibly lose

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Group D looks like a cracker. England should worry about the potential of meeting Germany int he second round - could easily happen. Can't wait for this to start, tho the 3pm kick off times do pose a few problems

don_quixote

Trent End
couldn't disagree more. group d looks rubbish. serbia, defensive, australia, defensive, ghana, defensive. germany are quite attacking but seriously, can see a lot of stalemates in that group.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
B (for the Argies and Nigeria alone, i admit), E, H's Hispanophone mash-up, & what Paraguay can do in F are among my more intriguing personals.

loving your blog D_Q, it is a labour of well-informed and beautifully unexpected love :D

don_quixote

Trent End
i spent bloody ages on the top trumps last night. i will post the whole set once we've gone through the whole round of matches

for me the closest groups will be group A and group F. i seriously cannot wait to see marek hamsik in action. i think the 3 way battle between denmark, cameroon and japan will be v interesting

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i spent bloody ages on the top trumps last night. i will post the whole set once we've gone through the whole round of matches

good man!

for me the closest groups will be group A and group F. i seriously cannot wait to see marek hamsik in action. i think the 3 way battle between denmark, cameroon and japan will be v interesting

nicely put at the end there. i'd agree, think that's going to be 'the one' from the group stages meself.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
couldn't disagree more. group d looks rubbish. serbia, defensive, australia, defensive, ghana, defensive. germany are quite attacking but seriously, can see a lot of stalemates in that group.

nononono.

it will be a marvel.

I'm intersted to see which of the big teams screws up in round 1 and forces a clash of the titans in round 2. possibly holland.

scottdisco

rip this joint please

fucking hilarious :cool:

mos dan

fact music
nononono.

it will be a marvel.

I'm intersted to see which of the big teams screws up in round 1 and forces a clash of the titans in round 2. possibly holland.

i'm more of the marvel pov too..

feverish with excitement now. have set up alternative twitter account with friends to spare my football-hating followers http://twitter.com/humblefootball

speaking of whom, did anyone see this? it didn't even make me angry, i just laughed http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/laurie-penny/2010/06/world-cup-football-england

petergunn

plywood violin
"People might say we are treating them like cattle, but if they behave like animals then we will give no quarter," Rob Young, the police chief in Cape Town, told the Sunday Times....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spo...-south-african-police-ready-for-anything.html

"The message I sent to any England fans thinking about starting trouble is simple," Young told the British newspaper. "We police the Third World every single day. Do you think we are intimidated by a bunch of drunken boys in football jerseys?"...

"Football hooligans might come here thinking they are tough, but we are the toughest gang in town," he said. "If you stare us down, you will face plastic bullets and water cannons. If that doesn't stop you, we will haul you into prison trains.

"Look out the window here in Cape Town across to some of the most violent communities on Earth. That is our beat, our backyard. That should tell you how tough we are."