Proper music with guitars and singing and stuff

straight

wings cru
Last six organs of admittance album is great, best in ages. Also check out his rangda collab with chris corsano (who hammered cafe oto the other week) and richard bishop, bluesy noisy bangers

zhao

there are no accidents
000fff5b_medium.jpeg

NOME DE MAR by Maria Ana Bobone is in large Fado album but it leads the singer to the territories of baroque, traditional Portuguese music and beautiful themes by Ricardo Rocha. The most amazing and charming is that the beautiful voice of Maria Ana Bobone moves easily over these various areas. In turn, the genius of Ricardo Rocha is well marked in the instrumental version of Canção de Alcipe. Of course, Ricardo Rocha shines here on guitar Portuguese (to hear him is always a privilege).

333.jpg

‘Segu Blue’ is the first solo album by Malian ngoni player Bassekou Kouyate. Bassekou is one of the true masters of the ngoni, an ancient traditional lute found throughout West Africa, and he has collaborated with many musicians in and outside of Mali: He played in the Symmetric trio alongside Toumani Diabate (kora) and Keletigui Diabate (balafon). He was part of Taj Mahal’s and Toumani Diabate’s ‘Kulanjan’ project, as well as being one of the key musicians on Ali Farka Toure’s posthumous album ‘Savane’ which was released July 2006. Most recently, he toured with Ali Farka Toure leaving a lasting impression on the audience as the band’s solo ngoni player.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I've heard tunes by The Crocodiles and Best Coast on 6music, both of them sound good

This is mad - Groove Is In The Heart/California Girls -

jimitheexploder

Forest Swords
Ducktails

Tough question but bandsh nailed it.

Forest Swords is one of the best new dudes I've heard in this field. Sun Araw has that psyched-out heavy, bassy dub thing going on too. Even more so maybe. They share something though. A heavy heat haze covering drawn out indie/psych jams. Really enjoy it.

I always sugest Deerhunter they're one of the only indie bands that I can still follow and not feel let down by. The front man has a solo thing too called Atlas Sound and its quality. its not far off Deerhunter but with more bedroom electroics behind it. New album on the way late september too. But they have plenty out already. Cryptograms is so good and Microcastle is a gem too. New one should be good...

Not to much else has been floating my boat really, I mean Esben and the Witch just got singed to Matador and they're really good. But also really young so it wont be a while untill they drop much vid up here though if you want a taster: http://www.esbenandthewitch.co.uk/ Daniel one the group is always tuning into my ustreams he's a legend.

Leo

Forest Swords is one of the best new dudes I've heard in this field.

thanks to you and bandshell for this recommendation, picked up "dagger paths" yesterday and really digging it. i like sun araw too but this is just slightly more structured, with some louder chords. cheers!