post-'06 dubstep that sounds 06ish

mms

sometimes
post dubstep housier bits that sound like generic tech house from 2005 seems to be the big thing for 2011

Blackdown

nexKeysound
post dubstep housier bits that sound like generic tech house from 2005 seems to be the big thing for 2011

generic tech house from 2000! Eukatech, Mr C, Plank Records, 4x4 kick and some pads... that's what i find crazy abuot the whole 130/post dubstep stuff, is you're always a hair's breadth from bland mediocrity...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Check this for example, which just arrived in my inbox: Apparantly they're "They are post-dubstep, experimental producers".

Sounds like 90s ambient to me but hey...

benjybars

village elder.
oi bugger off to the post-dubstep thread and stop derailing!

this thread is strictly for moody eyes down 140bpm rollers with massive bassweight and punishing snares
;)

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Bump bump bump.

Everyone heard the Box Clever bits?

Got the TMSV one first and the Cymatic one today, blown away by both. 10" 45's aren't too much of a hassle to mix either.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
that's what i find crazy abuot the whole 130/post dubstep stuff, is you're always a hair's breadth from bland mediocrity...
unfortunately... it's great that we have this unnamed style right now, but still it's rarely really hitting the spot.

outraygeous

new j kenzo "stomp" on argon almost sounds like some old loefah thing. very crisp and punchy.

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=ARG034

takes me back to Thursday nights at plastic people.

I only really like listening to this sort of music, I dont feel the need for wheels or any hypement.

I would be happy sitting in a easy chair in the sweet spot of a club with a bowl of sausages listening to this sorta stuff.

Thats a good thing by the way

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
That J:Kenzo release is pretty darn hot. Mostly find myself reaching of the other side though, Between Two Worlds.

benjybars

village elder.
takes me back to Thursday nights at plastic people.

I only really like listening to this sort of music, I dont feel the need for wheels or any hypement.

I would be happy sitting in a easy chair in the sweet spot of a club with a bowl of sausages listening to this sorta stuff.

Thats a good thing by the way

yeah feel exactly the same :)

with regards to the Black Box / Box Clever label... yeah, they're killing it right now

the KM remix on this is just insane.. sounded fucking immense at DMZ.

both sides of this are pretty damn tasty as well

hopper

yeah that exothermic reaction track is big, sounds like something lifted straight out of a skream 06/07 set. Kinda makes me think of the shinein and sandsnake, it's an energy I kinda miss in a lot of music going on these days. I hardly bother even to check what skream/benga do these days really.

what are people's thoughts on deep medi, can't believe they're on 49 - seems there's very little quality control.

alex

Do not read this.
for me they started off well, the kromestar track, the silkie ones, the Hijak one, they were all nice, then I stopped buying them for a while, picked up the 'purple love' without listening (as I thought silkie & mizz beats, yes!) and was really underwhelmed, have been from there tbh.

Although I really really love 'Stand', 'I Sed', 'Changes' and 'Miracles' those tracks will always have a special place in my heart.

Also 'Disco Rekkah' and 'Marz Attakz' are great, didn't get into the silkie albums much though?

So I think just from those tracks alone they more than make up for the weaker ones (goth trad etc..)

Phaedo

Barely a Medi release I don't like tbh. There are obviously a lot of pretty standard, functional dubstep tracks but all well executed enough to enjoy to me, not always buy though.

joe.dfx

who knows...
goth-trad as the "weaker" deep medi releases!?! you should be hung.

the newer ones i don't feel as much. not a big fan of v.i.v.e.k, im not into the slower tempo stuff either...but they're all still well produced and i think it's just getting harder to 'write' dubstep that sounds as fresh as it did 3-4-5 years ago ; )

but the cyrus 12" was good, and so is the new Pinch imo...