Enter The Void

IdleRich

IdleRich
There were some good scenes - I liked the dolls house of sex kinda thing at the end - Dan said it was related to Buddhism but that went over my head I guess. Contrary to what everyone else said I'm glad that I watched it at someone's house rather than in a cinema, that meant we could amuse ourselves by talking through the boring bits, not sure I would have made it to the end otherwise.

nochexxx

harco pronting
Did I hallucinate or did DELIA DERBYSHIRE name in caps float by during the opening credits?
I listened out, but didn’t hear any of her music.

IdleRich

IdleRich
According to wikipedia
"The two main musical themes of the film are "Freak" by the British electro artist LFO, which is played during the opening credits, and a recording by Delia Derbyshire of Johann Sebastian Bach's "Air on the G String", which serves as the theme for Oscar's childhood and his relationship with Linda."

benjybars

village elder.
rah not a lot of love for Noe round these parts!

I think Irreversible is truly amazing..

I liked Enter the Void too, but only saw it on laptop. Think I would have loved it at the cinema.

Also, Paz de la Huerta>>>>> ... very much enjoying her in Boardwalk Empire at the moment..

benjybars

village elder.
yeah c'mon Wise, that's a bit harsh!

seriously, watch Boardwalk Empire. School yourself on de la Huerta ;)

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Just caught this...

Haven't seen any of the directors other work but I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. My only gripe has been well mentioned prior; it was too long and could have been cut down quite a bit to make it a more succinct experience.
I did quite like the whole washed out "dreamy" character interactions though.