Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
hahahahahahaha I ♥ Kanye
He's like the Ron Artest of rap.
Oh wait.
Ron Artest is the Ron Artest of rap.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That interview is epic. Does Kanye often compare himself to McQueen and Picasso (or whatever it was) and a five year-old?

Damien

I'm really drawn to Kanye's nonsense rants. Something so real about this guy that he will say shit that no-one else would dare come out with,

just the most beautiful stream of consciousness type shit like an unguarded child he speaks the absolute truth without thought of repurcussion

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

That interview is epic. Does Kanye often compare himself to McQueen and Picasso (or whatever it was) and a five year-old?

and comparing himself to the student in front of the tank at tiananmen square! what a guy.

gumdrops

hes an idiot at times but you have to laugh. i do like how he likes slipping in the phrase POP CULTURE or POP ART wherever possible.

S

simon silverdollar

all of the lights' drum programming is totally dubstep.

yeah 'all of the lights' also makes me think of a multi-millionaire version of ruff sqwad - epic drama + synth-brass.

CrowleyHead

I can't stand 'All Of The Lights' really. Multiple levels of annoyance.

Majority of the album is good/great for me. I like how he's gotten out of this cotton candy pop/hip-hop thing and after pulling 808s out, is now trying to marry that to rap. It's not THAT experimental, but it's enough that it can shake off the truly abysmal vibes he was making around 'Graduation'.

And I daresay he's the only Rapper/Producer who can say things that are interesting. Save Wiley.

Benny Bunter

its hella catchy this new kanye album. I'm quite partial to a grand folly now and then and this album certainly fits the bill.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I like Kanye because he's clearly engaged in a search for deeper meaning but he's stuck with the unfortunate disadvantage that nothing about his life corresponds in the slightest to the reality experienced by normal people. This is a man who has had two consecutive US Presidents comment publicly on his behaviour.

gumdrops

hes gradually lost touch with whatever grip on reality he had though, as with the first album that was his whole shtick, being caught up between being just an everyday guy and moving in millionaire circles and all the materialistic/fame temptations he was trying to resist. now, or since graduation, hes stopped resisting them and has just bought into it more or less completely, just with occasional glimmers of normality here and there. i like kanye the pop star though. im prob one of the few people that would like him to do another 808s type album.

blackpixie

808 was and still is my favorite album just for the fact that he came off as honest as is possible for kanye. Tbh i dont even really think about the auto tune.

It seems unlikely though that with all the warhol and mj name dropping, he really did create an album that most of the critics would agree is some serious pop art. There is something special about him il say that...

BareBones

wheezy
can't believe i only just got round to checking this. wow! i thought it was great. nonsense, yes, arrogant, yes, but at least he's got some ambition. and it works because the tunes are great too.

and christ i think i'm in love with that phoenix.

BareBones

wheezy
that interview is SO hilarious as well

"i like white people more than any other rapper in the world - look at my pants!"