The Autonomic sound...

To me, the best of the Autonomic sound reconnects with jungle's interest in rhythmic flow and flux. This one, for example, almost sounds as if the beat is speaking to you in morse code:

CrowleyHead

Considering I wasn't into D&B at the time... What does old Instra:Mental sound like anyway? It comes up, and obviously, I'm curious.

DoubleG

Back to the current sound. Wish this had a download option.

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

joe.dfx

who knows...
Considering I wasn't into D&B at the time... What does old Instra:Mental sound like anyway? It comes up, and obviously, I'm curious.

they did stuff with source direct 10ish years ago that was in the dark, choppage vein.

then about 6 years ago they came back with several brilliant releases on Darkestral that were more photek drums/no uturn atmospheres stuff. they had colabs with nico & jonny l that are great. a couple of the songs were a bit "brighter" so to speak, but still def dark/deep.

those were the last new dnb records i ever bought.

there's an old marcus intalex soulutions podcast where he plays their first new song (darkestral001 - comache) for the first time and they were going by some really long, funny name, wish i could remember what it was!