Hip Hop '11

BareBones

wheezy
danny brown just admitted on twitter that korn have been a massive influence on him... not quite sure what to think about this

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can see that. Big homie from Korn does that yelping spasm thing with his voice quite a lot. ''Freak On A Leash'' 4EVER.

This is a good article about the up-and-coming generation of internet marketed, major-label shunning (/using) rappers (Danny Brown, Curren$y, Odd Future etc.). Worth a read.

http://passionweiss.com/ have recently done a countdown of the top 40 producers in rap music, ever. Whether or not I/you agree with them doesn't really matter, it's an interesting and informative ting.

i like this bloke he's quite good. nothing flashy or dramatic but something about these tunes keeps drawing me back to them; the first especially

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
well good ^ that first track.....
dunno why but reminds me of nico lindsay, who i like

always thought lloyds banks was deadly boring my lil cuz has been trying to get me into him for ages sending me stuff but i can't get into it.. love to be linked wrong tho

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That's weird (or intentional, by slackkk) - Ka's voice is so close to Lloyd Banks's. I couldn't work out who he reminded me of for a minute and then I realised it was the rapper in the previous video I'd just listened to! I like ''Cold Facts'' quite a lot. The production is interesting, minimal drums and feels like its always on the verge of kicking in. Decent rapping too.

The Banks tune is quite good, I like the beat. But I do usually file Banks alongside Styles P (and Pusha T, lately) under ''rappers who are good but who bore me and I will never be able to listen to a whole album of''. His facial hair has always made me not take him seriously too - am I wrong in saying that the bottom half of his face looks a bit like the bottom of the Craig David Bo Selecta mask? If I'm wrong I don't want to be right.

Banks picks good beats, though (or is given them). He also bodied Styles on this

Still find him a bit boring though, for whatever reason. The fact that he sounds like he's been smoking three foot long cigars for breakfast every day doesn't help...

Actually think I prefer Tony Yayo. He's kinda shit, technically much inferior to Banks but he tends to come out with some weird images and plus I like him cos of his patronage of Danny Brown, Lil B and Doe Pesci (who did a tune with Banks too, to be fair).

One of these days I really must listen to that G-Unit album. Hear it's fulla bangers.

CrowleyHead

I'm already done with that list.

Juicy J & DJ Paul place behind Battlekat? Fuck that list in it's mouth.

Never mind the fucking "If I Ruled The World" producer even placing...

MY GOD...

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
my dad always jokes about Ma$e being the most overachieving rapper i think Banks runs him quite close tbh

outraygeous

someone posted this on twitter and it is pretty scary. I know things are tough in France but I almost shat myself when watching it. Anyway, part of me doesnt want to know what he is rapping about. Oh and for the guys from the other thread about the ladies, this has some grade A ass in it (sorry)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
^ I like this tune, that baroque-ish crunk synth melody is good. Can't really comment on the rapping because I don't speak French.

''At the start of his career, his major influences were the East coast rappers such as Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Notorious B.I.G and KRS-One. But over time, Dirty South influences appeared in his music. He appreciates artists like T.I. or Rick Ross. He is also an admirer of Sol Campbell & Bob Marley and Muhammad Ali.''

from his wiki

sgn

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

hopper

apparently boosie might be getting let out, it would be the luckiest of loopholes if reports are true - sounded like he had been very seriously involved with 5 murders of more

outraygeous

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/nov/19/tim-jonze-on-shuffle

I was going to tweet this guy but I am on a twitter ban (long story) anyway, so many mistakes with regards to locations of rappers and even basic knowledge. Like fuck, don't you google shit? I have never ever once wanted to write about music that I wasn't part of myself personally. Thats just me. But this dude is way off and he is in a place of authority to educate people about new music.

This is why the internet fucks me off. How hard is it to go on youtube and search Action Bronson and see him doing cooking videos (no Lil b) or even see him be previously interviewed about it.

And Danny Brown from New York, even I know that he spent a little time in New York when he was about to be signed to the Roc, its in his dam songs!

I must be annoyed, I have written more than a few line.

Big up Tim Jonze anyway STILL. Mans is getting paper and wouldn't even pass a pass a simple reading comprehension. I am hating the game, not the player.

Back to the music

smokeyrobinson

Anyone else heard the new Prodigy EP? I know he dropped off long back and I shouldn't have expected any better but fuck it was bad.

I dunno if I imagined it or not -- but is there a line where he calls Kanye West his favourite rapper ever? How the great fell off.

sgn