Tonight on Art Of Beatz Radio: Downliners Sekt

Kuma

The Konspirator
Tonight!

Hour 1: Downliners Sekt (?)

"...to be heard the oldschool way you must work hard. Work in a tiny room, a dark basement, one crappy garage, thinking that someday someone will eventually pay attention to your story - and then you have to make a package out of all those precious moments - a price thrown on the front of a jewel fucking case - but you still not sure - because some soulless cynical mind has decided otherwise - so what then, tell us now, what would you have done?... "

“look sport, the next time you decide to cut a record just remember: everything has to pass trough me. I make the hits, not the public. I tell the dj’s what to play”

(from the movie ‘The harder they come’)

"Anonymity is a big deal in dance music: sometimes artists don’t want to deal with expectations, preconceived notions, or simply would rather keep their personal lives separate from their musical lives.

But a group like Downliners Sekt seem to thrive on it: consisting of unknown and inconsistent numbers, refusing to disclose geographical info, their names, or much of anything at all, they carry with them a certain cultish diffidence evoked by their very chosen name, germanic ally-stylized spelling and all. The group make appropriately dark and sometimes claustrophobic music, a mercurial history traceable through their releases: the abrasive broken beats of debut album Statement of Purpose sprouted serrated fuzz for the post-rock influenced Saltire Wave, both albums full of sometimes unfriendly – and always distorted – beats and grooves. But when the group shed its excess and stripped itself down to a duo, so the guitars melted away and their energy channeled into slamming hunks of twisted metal that don’t so much hint at industrial music as melt down and remould it to fit a slightly dubstep-informed template."

-Andrew Ryce

http://www.dsekt.com/

Hour 2: Kuma and Motomasa (Team AOB)

Stop, drop and roll onto the dance floor.

On your radio via 102.7 FM, here in Vancouver.
Streaming worldwide via www.coopradio.org
On Facebook, just search for Art Of Beatz

12-2 am PST
3-5 am EST
8-10 am GMT

www.artofbeatz.org

AOB: Hi! We're almost Seven!