Dissensus Raw Productions

other_life

bioconfused
did another mix of "WIGAN" but it's locked away 😈 gonna try to scheme putting the stuff ive been making this past month on wax, a little mini lp/maxi-ep. insinuate my way into the tim reaper set

the musical idea here isn't finished yet but im satisfied w it to this point as a rhythmic workout + vis a vis the elements and where they sit in the mix. can't tell if the next vector of development for it is

a) problematise what the main amen is doing without getting into breakcore territory
b) switch it out for a different breakbeat
c) a fuller sounding harmonic idea
d) some admixture of all the above

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
just posting this for a laugh...
I was reminded of it because of all of the Dune talk - it's a crappy quasi-techno track I made back in early 91 (maybe even late 90?) with just the one piece of gear I had Ensoniq EPS-16+ (sampler/sequencer keyboard)
so fiddly getting samples back them off VHS going into a stereo system and then rca outs to the sampler
I hadn't yet heard the Eon track, just FYI
I know it's nothing to write home about, but........................................... DUNE! (although I think one sample is from somewhere else)
I really like this! Got a sort of Chicago industrial-club thing going on - I can easily imagine this being released on Wax Trax! - in fact I reckon you could easily fool people into thinking this was some Ministry-related side-project-of-a-side-project...

Lynch's Dune is a great source of samples (although obviously I had the benefit of YouTube and flv-to-MP3 websites - I appreciate your dedication in using a VHS player and a hardware sampler!). Here's one of the first tracks I made when I began messing about with Ableton Live and my Fender Jazz some years ago now:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@other_life - is something up with SoundCloud or did you take down the tracks you up recently? I really liked the stuff you posted here a few years ago (downloaded some, in fact), so I wouldn't mind hearing it if you can get the links working again.

other_life

bioconfused
oh lol i posted two rebuilds i did in that thread third and i were chatting in (turned spikeweed into a real song; fixed the levels esp. the low end on wigan)

0bleak

I really like this! Got a sort of Chicago industrial-club thing going on - I can easily imagine this being released on Wax Trax! - in fact I reckon you could easily fool people into thinking this was some Ministry-related side-project-of-a-side-project...

Lynch's Dune is a great source of samples (although obviously I had the benefit of YouTube and flv-to-MP3 websites - I appreciate your dedication in using a VHS player and a hardware sampler!).

Ah, yeah - I can see that. Maybe something like the Acid Horse project he did with Richard Kirk.
I mean, I probably wasn't consciously thinking Wax Trax specifically when I made it, but some of the general instrumental electronic stuff that I knew at the time whether or it was like the odd Wax Trax project or New Beat/Acid like Lords of Acid's I Sit on Acid (although I obviously wasn't making acid) or whatever was in the air around me at the time.
I would have loved to have been on Wax Trax though because, at the time, I was heavily into ebm like 242 and Ebb - I also made some ebm tracks with that same sampler which was the main reason I got it.

Here's one of the first tracks I made when I began messing about with Ableton Live and my Fender Jazz some years ago now:

Pretty cool.
I think this has a sort of quasi-industrial feel even though it's slower.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ah, yeah - I can see that. Maybe something like the Acid Horse project he did with Richard Kirk.
I mean, I probably wasn't consciously thinking Wax Trax specifically when I made it, but some of the general instrumental electronic stuff that I knew at the time whether or it was like the odd Wax Trax project or New Beat/Acid like Lords of Acid's I Sit on Acid (although I obviously wasn't making acid) or whatever was in the air around me at the time.
I would have loved to have been on Wax Trax though because, at the time, I was heavily into ebm like 242 and Ebb - I also made some ebm tracks with that same sampler which was the main reason I got it.

Pretty cool.
I think this has a sort of quasi-industrial feel even though it's slower.
I'm glad someone else here knows about Acid Horse! It's such a great tune, that. Shame they only ever did that one single.

The main part of the beat in that tune of mine is sampled from an old Front 242 tune, as it happens. I think it has a weirdly dubstep-like lurch to it, despite coming out 15 years before anyone had heard of dubstep.

0bleak

I'm glad someone else here knows about Acid Horse!

I still have the 12" (with its fake sheet of acid), actually :)
It is but a couple of things from that era I still have.

The main part of the beat in that tune of mine is sampled from an old Front 242 tune, as it happens. I think it has a weirdly dubstep-like lurch to it, despite coming out 15 years before anyone had heard of dubstep.

Cool - I would have never guessed the sample.
I can definitely hear that dubstep lurch in your track - creative use of the original source!

EBM guys were real into 'making machines lurch and swing', innit

Besides the beats, what I liked about it was that it was the most futuristic sounding stuff I knew at the time since classic electro was pretty much over by that time because hip hop had largely moved to samples.

Some stuff by, say, Nitzer Ebb is sort of militantly un-funky.

video blocked in my country...
I'm gonna guess Let Your Body Learn or Murderous.
I have to say, after coming from electro first, that I generally liked the stuff better that had more syncopation even if the more straightforward stuff was an influence on some of the early techno people.

0bleak

video blocked in my country...
I'm gonna guess Let Your Body Learn or Murderous.
I have to say, after coming from electro first, that I generally liked the stuff better that had more syncopation even if the more straightforward stuff was an influence on some of the early techno people.

@Mr. Tea is going to leave me wondering what tune it was?