muser

people storming cabbot circus in Bristol

photo%252520%2525281%252529.JPG

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
astonishing claphamite on sky live now
"this is a really nice area to live in, i just can't understand it"
what's wrong with these people?

I think it's shock, interiorised class stuff coming out. Alot of phone-ins were saying they were surprised, and then 5 minutes later saying they weren't surprised. It's this weird disjunct that's gone on from top down "Everything's under control, I'm staying in Tuscany" "No it's not! I have to come back!"

David Cameron doesn't care about poor people.

sufi

lala
... & Boris Johnson doesnt care about poor people

it was really disgusting to see how hard the skyguy was trying not to understand, screwing up his face in exertion
(he should be arrested for violating curfew anyway - police just announced on bbc if youre out on he streets now "you're part of the problem")

Last edited:

mistersloane

it was really disgusting to see how hard the skyguy was trying not to understand, screwing up his face in exertion
(he should be arrested for violating curfew anyway - police just announced on bbc if youre out on he streets now "you're part of the problem")

ah good touch on the boris one

yeah it's "disgusting mindless thuggery"

just pure objectification. I liked the tweeter that sed that yr endz was moist if it dnt have a fire tho.

mistersloane

;`0

john eden

male pale and stale
Isn’t that what the police were doing, though? The police were surveilling a gang member as part of Operation Trident, tried to arrest him, in the course of which he was killed.

I would personally prefer it if the police could arrest people without killing them, as I don't believe in capital punishment (especially without a trial).

Obviously there are some situations where this is not possible. There are debates ongoing about whether the deaths of Mark Duggan, David Emmanuel and others could have been avoided. The general consensus seems to be that the deaths of Charles Demeneses, Ian Tomlinson and Harry Stanley (to name but three) could have been avoided.

I have read and written a great deal about deaths in custody this year and my conclusion is that it's vitally important that the police are subject to the utmost scrutiny in these situations as they seem institutionally incapable of honesty when someone dies in their custody.

I don't understand the other points you are making, or how they relate to anything I have said.

FairiesWearBoots

kids following lessons of arab spring
assemble small groups off high streets before getting together in such big numbers that the police ... run away!

causes as follows (this to clarify matters for luka and vim)
  • hottest weekend of the year
  • economic fuckup of tory 2011
  • rupert murdoch symbol of unbridled establishment looting and corruption
  • closure of northern reaches of piccadilly line at the weekend
  • youth clubs shut ema cancelled
  • amy winehouse martyr of north london
  • elitism and misdevelopment in the name of the olympics
  • ramadan!
  • name brand envy leading to a uncannily similar window smashing agenda to the anticapitalist movement
  • that big turd boris
  • that big turd boris
  • that big turd gadaffi
  • a massive social stratum without access to holiday in tuscany or anywhere fancying a big weekend
  • loss of dignity of authority figures especially the police who are organisationally in impotent manic depression, but also ipcc & the courts
  • not an uneducated mass of petty crims, but an intelligent group of first-world ghetto youth who understand very well all of the above but to whom noone listens at any other time
  • & no collective agenda at all, every individual with their own collection of legitimate beef, this being by far most terrifying of all for the powers that be who are quivering in denial
  • & more which i'm sure will come to mind
luka will also be enchanted to hear that locals have apparently held off looters at east ham & east london mosque

do you really believe that these are the main reasons? wow

D

droid

...My girlfriend and I lived above the carpet shop on Tottenham High Road you can see on the news.
Despite what you may have read/seen - the emergency service response was non-existent, the mob was pushed up the High Road, ransacked the building at 2am, and set it on fire whilst we were all shouting at them from the windows and balconies to leave us alone.
No ambulance, no police - who just stood 40 yards up the road watching; no fire brigade... just 26 families sacrificed to the mob...

...They willingly set fire our place despite our best attempts to stop them and the police just watched. I had to drive to A&E in the next borough 5 hours after we escaped the building and were allowed to leave the area, and we had dangerously high levels of smoke inhalation and CO poisoning. The building was already gone before the fire brigade got there 3 hours later.
If you saw the news today, it was my neighbours bollocking Nick Clegg.
We are both ok, we checked out of hospital yesterday morning and are refugees at my parents place up the road, but we are just slowly through the motions of rebuilding our lives from scratch. We only had time to grab our 2 cats and my car keys, and on the way down I rescued my neighbours girlfriend.

The tunes I've lost... including my artist copy of alphacut 010, and all my music production since I was 15
the missus has lost all her artwork
my dissertation was due in 4 weeks for my Civil Engineering MSc, but fuck it - that's just the material things, it was very touch and go. The worst part of it is the fact that it seems the emergency services just abandoned us to all this. The police front line all came from Ealing, they hadn't a fucking clue what they were up against....

http://subvertcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56771&page=1

IdleRich

IdleRich
I wonder what the impact will be on future protests. Seems to me that if you organise a legitimate protest and tell the police where you're gonna be they come and kettle you and stop the protest happening. If you don't do it by the book and just turn up wherever you fancy, then leg it down a back alley when the police are there in large enough numbers there seems to be little they can do about it. I guess that many peaceful protesters might be watching and learning from this.

gumdrops

no matter how much i think the causes are legit, and need to be looked into, and im dismayed that tv news barely seems interested in examining this in depth, i am seriously thinking the police need to go hardcore on these little fuckers.

It's the bookies being done that I think is interesting. Kids too young to use them, destroying them.
yes cos all their other targets make SO MUCH SENSE.

fuck these little cunts. too easy to group all youth across london into the same category as these complete arseholes so hopefully people dont do that.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Bookies got money in them I guess. Makes more sense than burning the the Childrens Society building in Bethnal Green. In fact setting buildings on fire in general is basically saying "I don't care if people die" and moves way beyond the level at which one can sympathise.

gumdrops

theyre just igniting businesses with no care whether theres a home on top of it or not. ultimately i think theyre burning businesses rather than homes. at least thats what id like to think. but it doesnt make it any better really. esp when theyre - from what ive read/heard - assaulting firemen who try to put the fires out.