What is so Good About that Pop Music Thread?

Should the "What is good about Pop music thread?" thread be closed down?

• Shut the "What is good about Pop music thread?"

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Leave it open.

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Yes, lots more nimble basslines please

It should definitely be closed.

After all, it is intellectually demanding, with well-thought, considered posts from heavyweight posters.

Dissensus is no place for that sort of thing.

What we need are more threads stuffed with poorly thought-out, off the cuff opinionism.

That's the way forward, clearly.

S

simon silverdollar

pearsall, that story about miquita is the best bit of gossip i've heard in a long time- i'm going to be telling literally everyone i know about it.

btw, did anyway see the popworld where kano was on? apparently he was not best amused.

i am so heavyweight.

Randy Watson

Why on earth would you close an active thread if people are still continuing discussion? It hasn't degenerated into abuse or vitriol.

Can't believe I'm saying this here but if you don't want to read it, if it is going over your head (and I'll admit most of it makes my ears bleed), then DON'T.

mpc

wasteman
k-punk said:
It should definitely be closed.

After all, it is intellectually demanding, with well-thought, considered posts from heavyweight posters.

Dissensus is no place for that sort of thing.

What we need are more threads stuffed with poorly thought-out, off the cuff opinionism.

That's the way forward, clearly.

Amen.

mpc

wasteman
i missed the kano interview on popworld.

i did see the dizzee rascal interview a few weeks back, which was interesting...

we should start a popworld club where we swap video tapes of different episodes and then write essays about our favourite bits.

S

simon silverdollar

mpc said:
we should start a popworld club where we swap video tapes of different episodes and then write essays about our favourite bits.

good idea. but we must try to keep the club intellectually demanding and aimed squarely at the heavy weights, john.

S

simon silverdollar

incidentally, my favourite bit of popworld was where simon met estelle and insisted on calling her house her 'ends'.

mpc

wasteman
can we do role play?

i'll be nietzsche and you can be badiou.

we can invite alain de botton along now and then to school us on status anxiety.

mpc

wasteman
simon silverdollar said:
incidentally, my favourite bit of popworld was where simon met estelle and insisted on calling her house her 'ends'.

haha

the funniest interview i saw was with a dodgy rnb girl group. simon was on the set of their video shoot and was trying to hook up 1 of the girls with a random guy.

hint

party record with a siren
simon silverdollar said:

it was good, but not as good as simon writing his phone number on a banana and giving it to beenie man then saying "that's not my kind of thing" when beenie man invited him out to club to see if they could pick up some girls' phone numbers instead.

mms

sometimes
leave it alone it's cool,
i like the stuff about dance move memes and gezzers plus mark's recall is incredible.
that one on mushrooms seems to be shaping up tho. :D

luka

i definietly wouldn't want to see it closed. some people are enjoying it, it's a long way from my idea of a fun or a fruitful use of time but why deny other people their pleasure?

i made up a joke today

what did one mexican carpet layer say to another?

UNDERLAY UNDERLAY!

Last edited:

steve-k

Leave it up, although I hope K-punk is being partially tongue-in-cheek and not arrogant when he says ,"After all, it is intellectually demanding, with well-thought, considered posts from heavyweight posters."

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
steve-k said:
Leave it up, although I hope K-punk is being partially tongue-in-cheek and not arrogant when he says ,"After all, it is intellectually demanding, with well-thought, considered posts from heavyweight posters."

Indeed.

Woebot

the people have voted!

actually it would have been crazy to shut it down. tee hee.

sorry if that was a bit of a wind-up. not intended as one.

in future i wont be shutting threads unless they're going seriously awry (easy on the tiller innit) and in honour of this moment i'll open that old maya thread.

again. sorry.