The Stateside Connection(New Grime Mix)

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Tight mix Keith. Listening to it for a second run... once I finally get a burner I'm gonna be listning to this a lot.

chimpybits

Already I like this a lot. this would certainly be a great set as an intro to current grime without painting-by-numbers. (I'm thinking of N American audiences here). according to my info that unknown Skepta track is called Muction.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
chimpybits said:
Already I like this a lot. this would certainly be a great set as an intro to current grime without painting-by-numbers. (I'm thinking of N American audiences here). according to my info that unknown Skepta track is called Muction.

cool thanks chimpy. Its on the flip of the first private caller pressing and I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
It's nicely mixed this, and I'm finding that kinda wierd. I'm used to listening to grime which is barely mixed together at all!

Does that mark a break between the hardcore continuum and grime? Cos wasn't hardcore, jungle, garage etc all mixed properly?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I think it's because a lot of grime dj's are pretty wack technically and are where they are because they are mates with the crew members. There's some people (Mac 10, Plasticman, and Bossman come to mind in particular) though, who can mix really really well.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
captain easychord said:
MAC10 is the biggest DJ

MAC10's definitely made a name for himself. Always gettin the best DJ plug but I've never heard em.

All the while I've heard regular sets from Logan, Bossman, Karnage, Plastic, etc.

Anyone got any MAC10 sets or links to radio spots etc.?

D

droid

Anyone have a copy of this handy to upload? Cant find mine and the links have all died.

D

droid

Cheers Paul. I have an uncontrollable craving for it for some reason. Great set.