wise

bare BARE BONES
what does that bit of casual internet homophobia have to do with deep tech?

Last edited:

trilliam

what does that bit of casual internet homophobia have to do with deep tech?

that guy is an armed robber from america

apparently women are tryna raise bail for him cause he looks like a hugo boss model

the meme is doing numbers on the insta world in the black community

i have no idea what it has to do with house

trilliam

Just getting back from Magnified, nothing to shout about apart from Lance & B3 b2b

Didn't stay for J Clarke but I wanted to see him, too bad Tom Flynn absolutely killed the vibe

continuum

smugpolice
too bad Tom Flynn absolutely killed the vibe

I listened to that Tom Flynn set that was posted previously and just thought that it sounds like that standard House vibe that's been around for about 1000 years. I get the feeling these 'normal' House guys get booked due to a desire to 'fit in' to the lucrative existing scene.

datwun

I thought it was appropriate seeing as up thread there was note of Grime guys having to mix with homosexuals in the club now they were into House.

Yeah but that meme /was/ homophobic, be careful bruv.

The gay connection's interesting tho, Radford talked about it a bit in our interview. Cause there are all those deep tech raves in Vauxhall, so you get a walk in gay contingent. If I remember rightly Mark said it had even lead to some of the deep tech DJs getting bookings at gay events. Kane from Cause & Affect also said that house music had helped him get over his homophobia - listen to that insanely homophobic (and unfortunately insanely heavy) Dub Mellitia track Bullet for example. GLAS, the after-party in Birmingham which was Loz and Kane's and a lot of the Brum bassline guys link into house/MDMA is a gay friendly party too: "GLAS is a party for everyone, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white, green or orange"

Despite the traditionally more conservative sound pallet in house music (at least, deep house) compared to all the UK genres, I suppose it is that tearing down barriers between straight and gay, black and white, young and old which is and remains house's radical edge.

Last edited:

datwun

It's just a bit of fun. Don't take it too seriously. It just a portrays someone over reacting in a silly way.

Homophobic, sexist or racist jokes are still homophobic, sexist or racist. I'm not saying you're a homophobe, I'm saying I know you're not a homophobe so you do yourself a disservice by posting that shit.

datwun

Freedom of speech means I won't call the police on you because I disagree with you, but it doesn't mean I won't say I disagree with something if that's the.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to say what you like without legal repercussions, it's not the freedom to say what you like without anyone criticizing it

trilliam

Neither do I tbf

These girls wanted to post mans bail cause uno he made them feel some type of way (sexually duh)

It's like you know he's gay right

Straight irony

Funkystepz have a massive Jhene Aiko remix

in re to Tom Flynn and normal house there's nothing wrong with normal house and he did play some tunes that got me gassed but it was like one in three, and compared to the switch up energy of the tunes B3/Lance was playing it really hammered home the repetitiveness of tech, I found myself thinking I hope UK house aint ruined house in general for me cause that's the type of shit I was vibing to at the festivals. I think it was just bad timing, would've been much better if he came before them man but I guess he's the headliner. And yeah it does tie in with the trying to fit in/raise the profile factor. I wouldn't say lucrative though cause it was not Tom Flynn or Matt Fear (all respect to Fear cause he does this ting) selling them tickets, in my mind (doubt its just me) Lance & B3 were the headliners and people were more gassed to see them than anyone else. I spoke to Dudley about it briefly (drop in energy levels when he came on) and he was like yeah I ain't the only one who said that so ye case in point.

I hope you man get down to the free House ENT parties, there's 2. One in Camden and one in Brixton.

I'm tryna think of where I'm hitting next, second time I gone out on my lonesome and if it weren't for the dip in vibe I would've stayed till J Clarke who I did wanna see.

Dancing >>

trilliam

Yeah but that meme /was/ homophobic, be careful bruv.

The gay connection's interesting tho, Radford talked about it a bit in our interview. Cause there are all those deep tech raves in Vauxhall, so you get a walk in gay contingent. If I remember rightly Mark said it had even lead to some of the deep tech DJs getting bookings at gay events. Kane from Cause & Affect also said that house music had helped him get over his homophobia - listen to that insanely homophobic (and unfortunately insanely heavy) Dub Mellitia track Bullet for example. GLAS, the after-party in Birmingham which was Loz and Kane's and a lot of the Brum bassline guys link into house/MDMA is a gay friendly party too: "GLAS is a party for everyone, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white, green or orange"

Despite the traditionally more conservative sound pallet in house music (at least, deep house) compared to all the UK genres, I suppose it is that tearing down barriers between straight and gay, black and white, young and old which is and remains house's radical edge.

100%

I was very accepting before but I'm probably in the minority, but like you say being some of the main nightlife is in Vauxhall it gives people no choice but to mix and as a consequence attitude has changed. The fact that everyone knows house music was invented by gays as well and it still don't bother them is another sign of borders breaking.

When that gay guy got acid thrown in his face outside Lightbox I was praying it weren't black perpetrators, was so relieved (sorry if thats not the right emotion) when I read the full story and found out it weren't. No65 is getting closed I think due to some madness that happened outside on the night of Philosophy (bouncer related) and I was preeing a convo between some of the DJs on twitter. From what I gathered the Se7en lot were gonna throw a party there but can't no more and that's how I clocked it's being closed, anyway someone said there's plenty better clubs probably referring to Fire/Lightbox and this was one of the responses

Dave Armstrong
‏@JClarkeDJ
@K_BOO_ @ScholarTee "Better clubs" don't want "us" even though "we" aren't the ones spraying gays with acid ��

Kinda f'd that Minstry of Sound the jewel in London clubland is booking the scene (UK Zoo soon!) but there are still places with these dumb prejudices, let alone a place in Vauxhall where they should know everyone kinda exists in harmony, or at least a truce lol.. Something tells me it's a little prejudice and a lot of jealousy (shout to Datwun on that Radford interview and what he said about FuseLondon)

rambling post is rambling?

Last edited: