whytea

Haven't posted here in a while, since then I managed to catch Adam Cotier playing out in Amsterdam which was big, quite a few Dutch people shuffling away at the beginning then a British bar crawl turned up and the vibe changed

Also at Spauls carnival the house stages seemed like the place to be, caught Majesty's set there which was big, standout track for me was AR - Recently, which can be heard at 1hr 20 on the mix below, massive track through a system

https://soundcloud.com/amineedge/2014-04-19-amine-edge-dance

I also wanna second all the hype for Hugo Massien's Top Shelf Material, looks big

Benny Bunter

dunno mate its all house rele n truly

a good dj would make it all flow perfect

totally, plus it can work both ways. DJ Q has been playing tracks like donaeo´s ´wet dollars´ remix, rs4´s ´all around´ and ´no one else´, martin ikin ´rhythm´ and louie anderson ´deep down´, sometimes as fast as 138 bpm mixed with ukg, grime & jackin/hnb

trilliam

wouldnt mind hearing a mix of that

listening to live recordings, majesty, b3 and lance morgan sounding particularly fukt

Benny Bunter

couple of examples

about 50 mins into this live set
http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/dj-q-live-at-motion

first track on this mix, and wet dollars again about 24 mins in, then the little section from 40-45 mins

other crossover tracks i can think off the top of my head
arun verone, (some) tom shorterz and lorenzo tracks, DJ S.K.T., lowsteppa (obviously, though Q doesn´t really play his stuff) shiba san, (some) friend within, route 94´s ´walls come tumbling down´, ten walls ´gotham´, ´gone in the morning´...

tbf not every track would work and not all djs are as good as Q

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This won't be news to anyone here but Jack And Danny (House Ents) are making some ridiculously hard tunes ATM.

I still haven't dived into deep tech fully but I think Frequency on Saturday might change all that. Haven't wanted to buy CDJs/go raving/make tunes so much since Funky.

trilliam

'fine night' by jack n danny is finally coming out on MFR, another label that is getting better and better, been waiting for it since at least winter last year

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Frequency was great. Radford and Carnao was the highlight. Ibwont go on about it yet cos I'm fucked but the vibe, the dancing, the music was all beyond anything I've reached in ages. So glad something has come along to fill the funky void.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Anyone know of a remix of Hater Shades by Arun Verone doing the rounds? Was played at Frequency the other night and wrecked it up.

I think the last time I reached a night where I was that excited about the music and vibe was DMZ in about 2007! It really underlined for me that if you're looking for an underground vibes and music you can't look to the sort of nights which students and music journos go to en masse. For someone like me this means stepping out of the comfort zone but its 100% worth it. I sort of felt out of place at Frequency but at the same time, and more and more as the night went on, at home with this hard, dark, ravey music - of the type I've been seeking out since DNB and Dubstep.

Seeing Know My Name Amine Edge RMX and Made U Look Massien RMX go off in a dark club is something I'll be living off til I can reach another d/tech event.

banshee

Anyone know of a remix of Hater Shades by Arun Verone doing the rounds? Was played at Frequency the other night and wrecked it up.

the vip? https://soundcloud.com/arun-verone/arun-verone-hater-shades-vip-dub

Seeing Know My Name Amine Edge RMX and Made U Look Massien RMX go off in a dark club is something I'll be living off til I can reach another d/tech event.

yep the nights are fully sick, best thing going in the capital rn easily. looking forward to x5 dubs b2b arun verone at the free House Ent street party. not to mention lance morgan b2b B3. that will be mad