datwun

DJ Q going Deep Tech?

In that inter zone between deep tech and house & bass which is seeing a lot of activity recently. Martin Ikin gets booked for 02:31, people like Tough Love, the jackin basslines on all of Louie Anderson's stuff.

Benny Bunter

DJ Q going Deep Tech?

In that inter zone between deep tech and house & bass which is seeing a lot of activity recently. Martin Ikin gets booked for 02:31, people like Tough Love, the jackin basslines on all of Louie Anderson's stuff.

i agree that there is definite crossover happening (shorterz has been playing wet dollars a lot on rinse for example), but not sure why you´ve singled out this Q remix as him ´going deep tech´ - its a pretty typical DJ Q 4x4 ukg remix to me.

datwun

i agree that there is definite crossover happening (shorterz has been playing wet dollars a lot on rinse for example), but not sure why you´ve singled out this Q remix as him ´going deep tech´ - its a pretty typical DJ Q 4x4 ukg remix to me.

Didn't realise that about Shorterz! how's it go with the rest of the stuff he plays?
Yeah, it is a typical DJ Q 4x4 track, the drums in particular are unmistakable. The bass for me is definitely a take on the deep tech sound, it's that same one note FM bass vibe. I just see this as a DJ Q track where he's consciously using some deep tech elements, though it's a good sign of how muddy the waters are...