Grime 2013

Benny Bunter

really? not denying his talent at all + I know he's pretty big right now but I ain't really felt most of what I've heard. specific tunes anyone? (besides Circles, 24 7, etc I mean)

Its his garage stuff that really does it for me tbh, but they have a very much 'post-grime' sound anyway

and obv that one Tom just posted is probably my favourite

This is one of his best grime tunes imo

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
^cool, yeah man I just don't feel his style. horses/courses.

Flava D is def the producer I'm feeling most at the moment. this mix is fucking sick, only first 10+ minutes are grime, rest is all lovely 4x4 and a bit of 2step, including her Aaliyah refix which is too nice. dunno if it's all her productions (think so?) but if so man she is just crushing it right now.
<object height="81" width="100%"><param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/playe...k=true&show_playcount=true&show_comments=true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed allowscriptaccess="always" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/playe...k=true&show_playcount=true&show_comments=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="81"></embed></object><span><a href="">Flava D Noisey Mix</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/user3105090">Noisey.com</a></span>

Elijah

Butterz
Flava D is def the producer I'm feeling most at the moment. this mix is fucking sick, only first 10+ minutes are grime, rest is all lovely 4x4 and a bit of 2step, including her Aaliyah refix which is too nice. dunno if it's all her productions (think so?) but if so man she is just crushing it right now.

Yea that mix is all her own stuff.

Some good music in the thread as expected. Play quite a few of these people already too.

Dont understand why some of these people dont reach out. I recognise names I might have played over my time on Rinse too and the consistency hasn't been there. I think it is relatively straight forward to isolate one or two bits from people that they may have made anytime in the last 18 months.

In terms of producers that can get those regular spins and put together releases consistently that number will still be a small amount of people. Regardless of your opinions on Preditah throughout 2012 he had 3 EPs, numerous remixes and a couple official vocals.

On another level I dont really see anyone making a conscious effort to make their music stand out presentation wise either which would help get the music more interest outside of Soundcloud and this forum. Suppose this is more a labels role, but artists should be more proactive about this like they are in other areas of music.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
Yea that mix is all her own stuff.

Some good music in the thread as expected. Play quite a few of these people already too.

Dont understand why some of these people dont reach out. I recognise names I might have played over my time on Rinse too and the consistency hasn't been there. I think it is relatively straight forward to isolate one or two bits from people that they may have made anytime in the last 18 months.

In terms of producers that can get those regular spins and put together releases consistently that number will still be a small amount of people. Regardless of your opinions on Preditah throughout 2012 he had 3 EPs, numerous remixes and a couple official vocals.

On another level I dont really see anyone making a conscious effort to make their music stand out presentation wise either which would help get the music more interest outside of Soundcloud and this forum. Suppose this is more a labels role, but artists should be more proactive about this like they are in other areas of music.

ZOMBY ® ‏@ZombyMusic
ill bounce off the ghetto kyote remix kamikaze or elijah hit me up i cant find the emails etc ill fling it over

CrowleyHead

Really like Sublo's stuff. His drums are a bit loose and almost messy at times but I think it works.

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

Yeah, there's something really fascinating about this dude. There's a disjointed, sloppyness... It almost makes me remember the "wonky" era as a result.

mrmitch

New grime instrumental night in Peckham. Should be a good'n
BE2ZyVSCAAEa4aA.jpg

rubberdingyrapids

the BBK set on rinse from 180213 with scratchy, wiley, flowdan and skepta is quite good. not 2005 levels of hype (obviously!) but good all the same. maximum plays some good instrumentals.

whytea

found this gem by a seemingly unknown producer from Derby
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">