sounds you wanna heard

robin

Kuma said:
That jungle/shoegaze hybrid that Kevin Shields threatened to turn the next MBV album into...

try little lost soul by the third eye foundation
its incredible

borderpolice

Dubquixote said:
Comes from a Houston hip hop DJ named DJ Screw who used to do "Screwed" mixtapes where he would slow the tracks down to an extreme degree, producing a trippy, sludgy sound.

speaking of slowing down, there's "COSMIC", apparently slowed down italo disco mixed with african music. Seemingly popular in the north of italy, austria and south of germany. being a big fan of italo disco, i'd like to know more about this. anyone can help?

O

Omaar

borderpolice said:
speaking of slowing down, there's "COSMIC", apparently slowed down italo disco mixed with african music. Seemingly popular in the north of italy, austria and south of germany. being a big fan of italo disco, i'd like to know more about this. anyone can help?

Yeah that sounds pretty peculiar, I'm very curious too as I'm into a bit of italo also. Please post anything you find out!

D

droid

Been reading old judge Dredds and came across this in the block/apocalypse wars stories..

Apocalypso!

Ness Rowlah said:
ehh - Black Metal House?

I watched Satyricon recently and since they have a keyboard player and play at a ridiculous speed
I think it could be possible to add some sort of 120-160 BPM synth/danceable/house
flavour to Black Metal.

Think Black T-shirts with upside down smiley signs.

check Aborym. not quite mixed the 2 to their full potential, but they're heading in that dierection...

spackb0y said:
I love the idea of shoestep. Maybe there could be a further splinter genre, something like SUNN0))) style heavy bass crossed with the beatless dubstep style? Can't think of a catchy name for it though.

voidstep?

would be heavy.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
bassnation said:
wicked - thank you!

i missed this when you first posted the link, sorry about that. will be downloading all of it this afternoon :)

Actually, they've all expired by now. I'll re-up them later and let you know.

zhao

there are no accidents
DJL said:
Griminal - grime and minimal house

I'll see your Griminal and raise you Click-Step.

and I wanna hear Grime MC's digi fucked up like Funkstorung does or those Tried By 12 Remixes, over sparse and hiccup-y yet evil bass and beats.

yes I am a geek I know :eek:

zhao

there are no accidents
shoe-step in the wrong hands, walls of loud fuzzy guitar feedback competing with half-step breaks, would sounds like a TERRIBLE fucking mess. but if done with restraint, like those SeeFeel remixes of Cocteau Twins, it could be brilliant.

I personally would LOVE to hear modern arabic music with grime or dancehall type beats and production (and please please stop with the euro-trash disco fusion)

someone explained to me why most Rai you hear is SOOOO cheesy is because they started making it for the french sometime in the mid to late 80s, and that the genre actually started very dark and forboding.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
re: syrup sipping q a bit back, they are getting high on the codeine. DXM and Robo Tripping is not what this is about. Popping pills, vicodin, hydrocodone etc is also often referred to.

I want to hear more good 4x4 grime tunes like Dexplicit's Bullacake or Skepta's Duppy. I love those tunes to bits but when I try to look for anything similar it's just glaciers of cheesey house-garage. More rugged, grimey 4x4 tunes plz. Esp. Duppy because of the switch, that's my favorite when it's not 4x4 the whole time just dips into it for a brief energy burst.

Griminal and click-step NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
talking of shoestep can someone please end a dubstep set with Souvlaki Space Station by Slowdive? proto-dubstep!

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm waiting for dnb (either beardstep or numetalstep, I think it'd work either way) to bring back chipmunk vocals in a big way. It'd be awesome.

nomos

Administrator
SIZZLE said:
I want to hear more good 4x4 grime tunes like Dexplicit's Bullacake or Skepta's Duppy. I love those tunes to bits
i love good grimey 4x4. you could also add plasticman's "gotcha"/"the rush," oddz' "bump dis" remix (though not 4x4 but it fits the vibe of the others), black ops' "laugh" and a couple of alias tracks to the list. there should be more.