'what type of music do you like?'

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, "sports goth" makes about as much sense as "acid Taliban" from where I'm sitting, I'm completely intrigued.

droid

I said it earlier in jest, but the correct answer is still 'good music'.

This answer mocks the fundamental vanity and narcissism of the attempt by the questioner to boost their own ego by asking in the first place, the subjective nature of taste (anything you like is automatically 'good' after all) and, by making such an outrageous statement, implicitly acknowledges that you are not making any claim to authority and that no set of preferences is objectively better than any other.

Of course, they might just think you're an arrogant twat - it all depends on the delivery.

droid

Yeah, "sports goth" makes about as much sense as "acid Taliban" from where I'm sitting, I'm completely intrigued.

Dave+LeClair.jpg

craner

Beast of Burden
I remember the days when Goth was all about throwing flour over your head and listening to Fields of the Nephilim and Bauhaus. It was ridiculous then, but for some reason I feel nostalgic for that vintage now.

slowtrain

sports goth is pretty big in nz atm, it is kind of like generic 'tumblr fashion' but you wear like drapey black basketball singlets and black oversized hip hop caps and shit, kinda like pictureplane but not so colourful

this is the platonic ideal of sports goth:

tumblr_mw2hzsjXkO1r7ckbqo1_500.jpg