House and techno 2014

Leo

and what do we think of dj richard and the working mans techno/galcher lustwerk mob ?

maybe i'm just cranky today but i find the white material stuff to be overhyped and kind of boring. sounds to me like new versions of stuff that's been done a million times before over the years, another example of the triumph of marketing and "the brand" (ltd edition 12s, the label aesthetic, etc.)

i've grown to like that "100% lustwerk" mixtape, though. nice vibe.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I think it's a bit like what's going on with LIES because they put out some good stuff but overall they're overhyped

trilliam

exactly the comparison i was gna make

so seeing as the comments about amine edge and crosstown rebels were ignored im gna assume this is for intelligent house only ja

glasshand

dj panic attack
rate alex deamonds

heard one of his new ones co-produced with someone else on a brackles show recently, it was a banger. east ldn club trax releases have been pretty decent so far, that daniel bedingfield rework is starting to grate but the Bside to it is sick.

while on the subject of east coast inspired 'trax' has anyone taken any notice of ratchett traxxx? readin his twitter has been endless entertainment. giving L.I.E.S and Eats Everything silly amounts of grief. his tracks are pretty tuff http://www.crosstalkintl.com/taxonomy/term/8351
bit brutal with eats everything but good to see some people being taken down a peg.

trilliam

not that there's anything wrong with that just id like somewhere to discuss guys like amine edge, kolumbo, chris james, noir, and all the other people inspiring the uk guys who r not boddika.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Last year I was getting into Clairvoyants sets, just occured to me that ppl in here might know what sort of DJs/Producers I can check out who play that sort of intense dark loopy techno?

I think this is the sort of techno which can be very dull if you listen to it analytically but in a club really gets me going. I remember a Marcell Dettmann set in Bristol a few years ago, dark corner of a club in a complete zone.

On house/techno subject, I've recently started listening to the RA Exchange podcast and there's so many interesting interviews, has actually made me think about going to house/techno nights again, having been bored of them for a while and harboring a weird quasi ideological grudge against 4x4 kicks.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Ben Klock is quite similar to Dettmann. I saw him a few years ago and he was dead good event though all his tracks were virtually identical

jimitheexploder

Blawan plays that kind of techno really damn well. Karenn live too, Parassela. I find a lot of the Berlin lot or people like Analogue Cops who often play really simular records to what Blawan plays somehow come out making it all sound a bit dry and lifeless where as he makes it really intense raw and fun as shit even if it is dark as all hell.

Analogue Cops

They tend to go a bit house more often but they build to big loopy distorted techno bangers all the time too. I've not heard many mixes by them I've really liked dispite liking a load of what they do, but this is pretty wicked.

Last edited:

Leo

recently picked up the daniel avery cd, not quite sure about it. i like the acid-y vibe but almost seems kind of trance-y sometimes, which i'm not fond of.

perhaps not fair to call steve moore's "pangaea ultima" techno but i love all his stuff.

and the new moodymann is more consistent and enjoyable than some of his albums.

whytea

exactly the comparison i was gna make

so seeing as the comments about amine edge and crosstown rebels were ignored im gna assume this is for intelligent house only ja

was going to post about Amine Edge and the 'G House' scene in this thread but didn't for this exact reason - I'm saying G-House will have blown by summer so definitely should be in here - not sure what I think of it myself, Amine Edge & Dance are great producers, its the swathes of copycats I'm not rating, they put an old Hip Hop accapella over plucked, nu-disco bassline and its G House apparently

Webstarr

Last year I was getting into Clairvoyants sets, just occured to me that ppl in here might know what sort of DJs/Producers I can check out who play that sort of intense dark loopy techno?

I think this is the sort of techno which can be very dull if you listen to it analytically but in a club really gets me going. I remember a Marcell Dettmann set in Bristol a few years ago, dark corner of a club in a complete zone.

On house/techno subject, I've recently started listening to the RA Exchange podcast and there's so many interesting interviews, has actually made me think about going to house/techno nights again, having been bored of them for a while and harboring a weird quasi ideological grudge against 4x4 kicks.

Sandwell District, particularly Silent Servants stuff. There's some good mixes on Electronic Explorations, the Warehouse Sessions series are on a similar vibe.