coldcut vs crazy titch on radio one

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
droid said:
Did you know that the big catchy riff that dominates 'Where's Your Head At ' is lifted from a Gary Numan tune? Makes me wonder how many of their other hooks are nicked...

Well, it's a sample of at least two Gary Numan tunes. I don't know what you mean by "lifted" but the jaxx certainly haven't concealed their use of a sample for that record. Quite the reverse.

I absolutely adore the jaxx but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy any of their records for a couple of years -- but the new tune is a much-needed return to form.

As to Coldcut... Marcus, mate, they are GODS as far as I'm concerned.

BTW dunno when I'm next down in London, fella, got screwed at work. Which means lots of lovely time at home. Result!

NP: forthcoming Dog stuff. Fantastic, so much better than I thought it would be.

ambrose

"grosun", fancy seeing you here!

lucky star is an awesome track, dont know why you think its sad matt. i think it is the collaboration that you are looking for out of the urban.

coldcut: "ross allen............has been keeping me up with the sort of ragga beats and so on". so yr talking about grime then?

ure a mug, go home and take that fucking clip of the jungle book with you.

hint

party record with a siren
crikey... let's get a bit of perspective here :rolleyes:

it's not like titch stepped up and gave them one love or time's up either.

and beats and pieces is a brick

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
Well, it's a sample of at least two Gary Numan tunes. I don't know what you mean by "lifted" but the jaxx certainly haven't concealed their use of a sample for that record. Quite the reverse.

I absolutely adore the jaxx but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy any of their records for a couple of years -- but the new tune is a much-needed return to form.

As to Coldcut... Marcus, mate, they are GODS as far as I'm concerned.

bassnation was right about people hold on, but their more recent output.. there is something about the way it is produced and their style that i don't get at all, its not clear enough or something.

2stepfan said:
BTW dunno when I'm next down in London, fella, got screwed at work. Which means lots of lovely time at home. Result!

NP: forthcoming Dog stuff. Fantastic, so much better than I thought it would be.

owch i hope everything turns out all right, i got the first 2, really like the black dog one, the 2 tracks on the b side are wicked.

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
wheres your head at is good for punked out mayhem. but theres loads better jaxx tracks than that. set yo body free is industrial grinding house music of the first order, as mental as anything kevin martin has ever done. all of their stuff post remedy has been ah, interesting, lots of different ideas but it all sounds so awkward, never seems to gel.

got lots of respect for them always trying something new, but the last lp just washed over my ears leaving nothing very memorable, the dizzee collab included. his own music just sounds so much better.

the last lp was just too brightly produced, too much grinning info. like a massive cream bun of a record.

hint

party record with a siren
mms said:
the last lp was just too brightly produced, too much grinning info. like a massive cream bun of a record.

yeah - it's squashed to death... sounds wicked on the radio, but I can't listen to it all the way through at home without getting a headache.

still... they've put out some corkers in their time

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Jaxx's "Flylife" with Glamma Kid was pretty nice. Glamma was biggle, where's he gone? I remember he was on the Sign riddim but that was a coupla years ago now. MOSCHINO!!