Jeremy Corbyn

luka

Largely a result of lying and telling everyone we've got no money for anything and need total austerity.

craner

Beast of Burden
But also, as I've argued before, a latent trashy racism that Enoch Powell so effectively tapped in to and also incited. People forget how popular he was, not just amongst right wing Tories and outright racists, but also large chunks of the working and middle classes.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It's only one poll, but a slim 43-38 Tory lead would have seemed impossible just two weeks back. Corbyn's speech today is unlikely to play well though

droid

Some surprisingly positive coverage of the speech on BBC. It helps that Corbyn is 100% correct I guess.

Leo

i'm no expert, obviously, but it seems like corbyn might be better at campaigning than running a party.

sufi

lala
Last night's non-debate seemed to go pretty well for Corbyn. at least in my bubble

Looking forward to seeing some polls

droid

Tory strategists expecting labour to go ahead in the polls. SNP making overtures again via sturgeon...

Last edited:

droid

Lads

DBGpXaUXcAAd8ni.jpg

luka

Im not getting my hopes up just to have them dashed. I remember Kinnock. John Major. Ham faced tories in range rovers

droid

Worth mentioning that the Yougov methodology was within 1 point of accuracy for the Brexit vote.

The predicted range for Tories is 274-345 depending on how well/badly it goes.

Anything could happen in the next 10 days, but if trends continue I think there's a real chance.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
(Robinson didn't trust the opinion polls either. )

Or indeed 2015 and bacon-faced Labour leaders in Ford Foci.

But that poll should be way more accurate than the others, given that it's considered seat by seat, and uses a patented yougov methodology that apparently predicted Brexit when lots of others didn't (or something).

droid

Im not getting my hopes up just to have them dashed. I remember Kinnock. John Major. Ham faced tories in range rovers

There you are, hurling from the ditch, whilst your reactionary everyman nemesis Mr. Tea, on whom you pour scorn daily is actually out there campaigning for a better world and future for you and your family.

firefinga

Luka is a trust fund baby who would massively profit from a Tory victory.

A plausible result would be Labour preventing the Tories from reaching absolute majority. Which would be a good resultfor someone who is still being referred to by some as "unelectable"

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There you are, hurling from the ditch, whilst your reactionary everyman nemesis Mr. Tea, on whom you pour scorn daily is actually out there campaigning for a better world and future for you and your family.

Yeah. YEAH!