What PostPunk has RIU&SA make you drolly over?

connect_icut

Must admit that I've developed a massive allergy to post-punk recently. The mere thought of listening to The Pop Group or Gang of Four fills me with a terrible ennui. Over exposure, I guess.

Having said that, I'm still listening to a LOT of early Scritti Politti and I've been enjoying the Virgin Prunes' ...If I Die, I Die.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
been heavily into pink military ("do animals believe in god?")/pink industry ("low technology", "who told you you were naked?"). underrated group, featuring x-big in japan's jayne casey from liverpool, played at eric's during the same period as echo/wah/teardrops but not as rock'n roll as that lot.

awesome. I didn't know anybody other than me really liked them :)

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Does anyone else find it a bit odd the way that Reynolds is all big on people like Scritti Politti and GoF assaulting "common sense" and so on, but as soon as the post industrial crowd start getting a bit keen on Nazi imagery he basically falls back on a common sense argument about how they were going a bit far?

No, because SP and GOF were interested in actual politics, whereas the nazi imagery was just that.