luka

i do think these questions deserve further examination. I'd like trump to be what some of his supporters believe he is, a purifying fire, but he's not, and can't be. I do find it strange that after decades bewailing the perfidy of the mass media and the skulduggery of the secret state we're all supposed to be cheering for them as underwriters of Freedom.

I want a Strong Leader, backed by the Popular Will of the People, that is, deriving Power and Legitimacy from the People, to take on and utterly destroy corporate power, media power, financial power, the military industrial complex, organised crime and all the rest of it.

I want a man to stand up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. I want a real rain to come and wash all this scum off the streets.

I do think democracy has been perverted, corrupted and undermined. I do want a leader to go to war with vested interests and I do think the culture war has been used deliberately to prevent that from happening. The Illuminati is the common enemy of Left and Right and the movement to oppose it has to unify both sides of that divide or it will lack legitimacy.

If you're not waging war you're not the Leader the world needs and while I think Trump is a menace, I think it's also Very Educational to watch and learn of some of the obstacles you might encounter as a Strong Leader going to war with vested interests.

luka

Craner hated Sadaam so much (with good reason) that he allowed himself to back an illegitimate and opportunistic war against him. That was an absence of moral clarity he's had to suffer from ever since. He's not taken seriously because of that one error of judgement (and the subsequent failure to own up.) I'm confident that had he not been so stubbornly contrarian he would have spent the last few years enjoying a successful writing career.

I think people's (understandable) desire to see Trump gone, by any means necessary, is leading to an analogous blurring of moral clarity, and if they get what they want, are likely to find the victory Pyrrhic, to say the least.

It warrants further examination. But the Fake News Media is letting us down.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i do think these questions deserve further examination. I'd like trump to be what some of his supporters believe he is, a purifying fire, but he's not, and can't be. I do find it strange that after decades bewailing the perfidy of the mass media and the skulduggery of the secret state we're all supposed to be cheering for them as underwriters of Freedom.

Well freedom is relative, isn't it. You'd probably look pretty favourably on a radio tag and house arrest if the alternative is solitary confinement.

What we're seeing is just a feud between different factions of cunts. Doesn't mean one side isn't definitely worse than the other.

luka

What do Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and certainly not least, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, have in common? Membership in ‘The Fellowship’, a quasi-religious organization-unregistered lobby with fingerprints all over past USA international crimes sprees. These three significant personalities all are under the ‘spiritual’ tutelage of Doug Coe, leader of ‘The Family’ where if you are ‘chosen’ there is a different standard, an unaccountable standard, where everything up to and inclusive of child rape is excused:

https://ronaldthomaswest.com/2017/01/18/trumps-dni-a-dire-wolf-for-jesus/

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

All the left’s mockery of Trump served to reinforce his message as not only an outsider, but as an expression of rage, despair, and ultimate pathetic Pepe-style hopelessness.
4chan value system, like Trump’s ideology, is obsessed with masculine competition (and the subsequent humiliation when the competition is lost). Note the terms 4chan invented, now so popular among grade schoolers everywhere: “fail” and “win”, “alpha” males and “beta cucks”. This system is defined by its childlike innocence, that is to say, the inventor’s inexperience with any sort of “IRL” romantic interaction. And like Trump, since these men wear their insecurities on their sleeve, they fling these insults in wild rabid bursts at everyone else.

Trump the loser, the outsider, the hot mess, the pathetic joke, embodies this duality. Trump represents both the alpha and the beta. He is a successful person who, as the left often notes, is also the exact opposite — a grotesque loser, sensitive and prideful about his outsider status, ready at the drop of a hat to go on the attack, self-obsessed, selfish, abrogating, unquestioning of his own mansplaining and spreading, so insecure he must assault women. In other words, to paraphrase Truman Capote, he is someone with his nose pressed so hard up against the glass he looks ridiculous. And for this reason, (because he knows he is substanceless) he must constantly re-affirm his own ego. Or as Errol Morris put it, quoting Borges, he is a “labyrinth with no center”.

But, what the left doesn’t realize is, this is not a problem for Trump’s supporters, rather, the reason why they support him.
Trump supporters voted for the con-man, the labyrinth with no center, because the labyrinth with no center is how they feel, how they feel the world works around them. A labyrinth with no center is a perfect description of their mother’s basement with a terminal to an endless array of escapist fantasy worlds.

droid

Is anyone else having trouble distinguishing between actual Luka posts and the ones that are wholly unattributed quotes from the dark recesses of the right wing conspiraweb?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
100% vehemently disagree w/anyone saying deep state >>> Trump. Don't cosign everything Greenwald says here, but he does delineate both why cheering on the deep state is a bad idea, & why its' motives in re Trump are probably largely not so great.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/17115

If the deep state does beat Trump (meaning, what? Impeachment, resignation? Coup?) then you get what? The precedent that U.S. nat sec establishment can openly dethrone an elected president (here, obv they've done it elsewhere many, many times), for starters, & probable indirect deep state rule - security apparatuses ofc being well known for voluntarily handing power back. And if Trump wins it's almost worse; gets a scapegoat to blame everything on (a la Erdogan) AND coopts what remains of the deep state into his own power base.

The real answer is to fight Bannon (& Miller, Conway, Gorka, etc ad nauseum) at every turn in attempts to dismantle democratic institutions instead of cheering on unelected security bureaucracies, tho I'm unsurprised the latter solution appeals to parts of the pundit class, anti-Trump neocons, establishment liberals & the like. Goddamn stupid short-sightedness.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Having said that, McMasters as NSA is a tentatively good sign. That dude is tough, hella smart & not afraid to stand up to superiors. P hard to see him becoming a yesman for insane Trumpian bullshit.

luka

Yeahthat's right all very well when they're taking down your enemy but you won't be cheering when they gough whitlam your man in the white house

Leo

Having said that, McMasters as NSA is a tentatively good sign. That dude is tough, hella smart & not afraid to stand up to superiors. P hard to see him becoming a yesman for insane Trumpian bullshit.

agree. word is he got passed over for military promotions twice, mostly because he was known to push back on the company line and didn't always automatically cave to top brass when he disagreed. that attitude could come in handy, be interesting to see if bannon and young miller start to melt on foreign policy when confronted by an organized establishment front of mcmasters/mattis/kelly/tillerson.