– was actually bought in a job
lot a couple of years ago
from Nellee Hooper.

The cleverest thing about it?
Now that it's all gone up in
smoke, no-one will ever know...

martin

----
Pussy Riot are in reality 10x (100x?) more 'punk' and fearless than John Lydon will ever be, having shown dissent in a country where the consequences for this are far more dire than anything the old self-mythologiser would ever face.

I dunno, I'd call being attacked with a machete and pint glasses, having your flat turned over on a regular basis by the DS, having papers question whether you should be busted for treason and getting banged up in Dublin after being singled out for a kicking by off-duty cops pretty "dire circumstances" for a shy working class 19-year old to face.

The boat stunt would have been funnier if it'd coincided with the 'Brexit flotilla' furore in June

droid

Also, according to his biography, his first job was on a building site, smacking hordes of rats with a shovel as his dad's digger excavated their nests.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I dunno, I'd call being attacked with a machete and pint glasses, having your flat turned over on a regular basis by the DS, having papers question whether you should be busted for treason and getting banged up in Dublin after being singled out for a kicking by off-duty cops pretty "dire circumstances" for a shy working class 19-year old to face.

I'd agree that all that is fairly dire in the context of a state/states that is/are far less repressive and scary than Putin's Russia; not sure what your point is. My initial statement was comparative, to point out that diminishing what the members of Pussy Riot have gone through /risked just because their music isn't v good, is a bit silly really.

martin

----
I'd agree that all that is fairly dire in the context of a state/states that is/are far less repressive and scary than Putin's Russia; not sure what your point is. My initial statement was comparative, to point out that diminishing what the members of Pussy Riot have gone through /risked just because their music isn't v good, is a bit silly really.

Yeah I agree with you. I just think it's easy to write Lydon off as a kind of self-important McLaren Mk II now he's fat, old and loaded, while forgetting how horrendous '70s Britain was for dissenters.

As Droid points out, there's nowt more 'punk' than whacking sewer rats.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
a71a44c5dc36bb9eae2cbcd72cecdb37.jpg