Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Music linking with music history without a sense of inauthenticity, then passing through computers to become less joined to the world to become less real or hyperreal.

Even sampling sounds too computerised now.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Music linking with music history without a sense of inauthenticity, then passing through computers to become less joined to the world to become less real or hyperreal.

Even sampling sounds too computerised now.

not even. computerised is subconscious code for 'I don't like how this sounds.' Which is fine but using the term computerised is inaccurate because most sampling done with computers is still designed to be congruent with human perception. a truly computerised sampling would have to exceed the limits of human perception so 5-10 samples per second. will take you 5 months to make a 5 minute tune. a computerised sample tune will have to sound like a computer processing data.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
to argue that futurist music is not happening today and then berate music for sounding too computerised is mutually exclusive imo.

Leo

I only own about five hiphop records and one of them is "come clean", love that empty oil drum beat. close your eyes and the backing track could be some weird PIL outtake circa "flowers of romance".

version

not even. computerised is subconscious code for 'I don't like how this sounds.' Which is fine but using the term computerised is inaccurate because most sampling done with computers is still designed to be congruent with human perception. a truly computerised sampling would have to exceed the limits of human perception so 5-10 samples per second. will take you 5 months to make a 5 minute tune. a computerised sample tune will have to sound like a computer processing data.

I wonder whether quantum computing is the new musical instrument we've been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.